Ground being sold in February?

1 minute ago, Pod9 said:

I listened to the TWW FFP podcast over the weekend. 

Selling the ground would not help our FFP situation massively. 

If we sell the ground, we still need to rent it back. The rental costs then go against our FFP. 

Also it has to be valued at a realist price. We cannot just sell the ground for an amount as the FL wouldn’t accept this.

The rent also has to be realistic and not just £1 per week for example.  

Its a great listen for anyone who’s interested 

Beat me to it lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

So we sell the ground for £30m, let Paxo spunk the cash on a load more over priced shïte, still not get promoted and be left paying rent to someone to be allowed to play in our own home.

What then?

No..You sell the ground..Let Paxo have f.ook all to do with it..and let bruce spend the cash wisely.....

Obviously of both our scenarios...I reckon yours is the most likely.... lol

• Haha 1

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

I have heard this from two different people on here prior to reading this post. Both posters have a long history on here are genuine Wednesday fans. 

I think it would be a terrible idea. Name one club that has benefited long term from selling their stadium?

Think the only club that has sold their ground and rented it back was Bournemouth. 

They have since tried to buy it back but can’t. Now they are stuck with paying rent. 

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I have heard this from two different people on here prior to reading this post. Both posters have a long history on here are genuine Wednesday fans. 

I think it would be a terrible idea. Name one club that has benefited long term from selling their stadium?

Gime a list of clubs that have sold their stadiums then?

I can't research....Ive had a drink.............

1 minute ago, Pod9 said:

Think the only club that has sold their ground and rented it back was Bournemouth. 

They have since tried to buy it back but can’t. Now they are stuck with paying rent. 

THey are also stuck wiv playing

Man City

arsenal

Spurs 

Liverpool  Man Utd etc...

Daft b*stds

• Haha 6

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Drunk research is far more fun. You find the answers to amazing questions like how many boobs mend a broken heart, and which cleaning products can be safely used to lube a vaj. 

Edited by wilyfox

29 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Why do people always come up with this crap?  And always from posters with 500 posts or less

Ignore Ebeneezer Metcalf @gillyno9. I think he’s in a grumpy mood.

Its a plausible theory. Lets hope he’s not selling it to a bloke called Malcolm Lidl or Bob Aldi.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

THey are also stuck wiv playing

Man City

arsenal

Spurs 

Liverpool  Man Utd etc...

Daft b*stds

It was about 12 years ago they did it I think, had no affect on their promotion, it was more survival. 

The only way to ease our FFP is to sell a few players and reduce our wage bill, otherwise we are going to be in this exact same situation next year. 

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Leeds bought Elland Road back 13 years after selling it.

Unless you were asset stripping it seems that selling off the ground would hamstring any future takeover.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/leeds-united-elland-road-buy-back-13-years-after-first-selling-a7813411.html