Ground being sold in February?

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

It's called sale and leaseback and a well known procedure to raise cash and something Chansiri's family uses on buildings in their companies.

Many banks also used it , post Lehman Bros.

The freehold of Hillsborough has a £25 million valuation in accounts so a £30 million sale might pass.

So that £5 million book profit would also assist with FFP. 

Where did you find that out?

2 hours ago, M Royds said:

Pathetic comment. 

Is it because you've got your panties in a bunch, regarding comments that I made about the sh i tty flag you stand behind?

Love Europe. Despise the EU

5 minutes ago, Pacific said:

Is it because you've got your panties in a bunch, regarding comments that I made about the sh i tty flag you stand behind?

Love Europe. Despise the EU

Pathetic. 

Is he definitely a blade or are you being convenient.  

Anyway ... 

back on topic - to be fair to the OP I did hear a very similar rumour last week, from someone who does have some insiders at the club. 

The he figure was bigger though and it was going to be done as a remortgage on the ground. 

I guess this could be done with a family member buying it and us paying back a nominal payment each month on an interest free basis. 

I guess will find out in due course. 

I'm going through a similar process myself ATM albeit on a much smaller scale, I am having to pay a chartered surveyor to set the rent value of the building which will be market rate. HMRC and my accountant are insisting on this. This leads me to believe that setting a "peppercorn rent" or a favourable rent will not be in the hands of the Chansiri family.

Quick look through the regulations and given most of it refers to League 1 and 2 wage restrictions I can safely say we best not get relegated. 

However to the point there does not seem to be any restriction should you dispose of the stadium, so a "profit" on disposal would offset losses made elsewhere for this purpose.

The only restriction is the standard one that any related party transactions should be at fair value and the figures will re-stated if it isn't.

Saying that a profit on disposal of a player would also count. I think the issue with that is whether our friends Doyen would be due their erm financing premium if certain players are sold - allegedly - which would reduce it.

58 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Quick look through the regulations and given most of it refers to League 1 and 2 wage restrictions I can safely say we best not get relegated. 

However to the point there does not seem to be any restriction should you dispose of the stadium, so a "profit" on disposal would offset losses made elsewhere for this purpose.

The only restriction is the standard one that any related party transactions should be at fair value and the figures will re-stated if it isn't.

Saying that a profit on disposal of a player would also count. I think the issue with that is whether our friends Doyen would be due their erm financing premium if certain players are sold - allegedly - which would reduce it.

have to say in ignorance of our  'connection' with this shower but reading how deals have allegedly been structured  this is why i think we havent sold anyone 

Can't we ask that drunken bloke who Fatzooma knows who was talking in the pub after working on Fletchers' house? Or summat.

At least he was right! Said Fletch had said big changes were on the way. Jos got sacked, outcast players started playing. New manager's backroom staff come to games.

Get Fatzooma's pssd up mate back asap!

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

On 27/12/2018 at 17:27, gillyno9 said:

Firstly I’m not itk. I read forum daily but rarely post. 

Has anyone else the rumour of the ground being sold to one of DC’s relatives in February? Figure said to be 30 million. The idea being we pay nominal “rent” in return. This being a legitimate way to pump new money into the club.

(Presuming February sale before new tax year in April)

Maybe that’s the assurance been made to Steve Bruce before excepting the job regarding budget for next season. 

Like I said just something I’ve heard. 

for all the folks that's kicking his arse over his posting, what other way do you see the books being balanced?

we either sell our best players, and then hand bruce a third division side requiring rebuilding into a team capable of challenging for the premier?

or we sell the ground, and loan it back?

it's not like anyone wants it for housing, a supermarket, a dry cleaners, it might do as a paddling pool and swimming baths, but generally speaking it's damaged ground, and as proposed building land, of little value.