Ground being sold in February?

Firstly I’m not itk. I read forum daily but rarely post. 

Has anyone else the rumour of the ground being sold to one of DC’s relatives in February? Figure said to be 30 million. The idea being we pay nominal “rent” in return. This being a legitimate way to pump new money into the club.

(Presuming February sale before new tax year in April)

Maybe that’s the assurance been made to Steve Bruce before excepting the job regarding budget for next season. 

Like I said just something I’ve heard. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

Why do people always come up with this crap?  And always from posters with 500 posts or less

I suppose they cant get accused of constantly posting crap if only got an handful of posts.

Guest LittleG
3 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Why do people always come up with this crap?  And always from posters with 500 posts or less

Can you only start talking crap once you've reached 500 posts?

11 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Firstly I’m not itk. I read forum daily but rarely post. 

Has anyone else the rumour of the ground being sold to one of DC’s relatives in February? Figure said to be 30 million. The idea being we pay nominal “rent” in return. This being a legitimate way to pump new money into the club.

(Presuming February sale before new tax year in April)

Maybe that’s the assurance been made to Steve Bruce before excepting the job regarding budget for next season. 

Like I said just something I’ve heard. 

Did you hear this in pub

So flog the ground to a relative who renames it Hills bro  , sort out all the money problems and make us able to pump money in for players.  Get promoted and effectively buy it back from yourself with the golden/poison chalice the prem is . If it's allowed it's hardly beyond the realms of probability . If it happens it happens . It would also show the total farce any money tightening incentives they come up with for what they are . . 

I listened to the TWW FFP podcast over the weekend. 

Selling the ground would not help our FFP situation massively. 

If we sell the ground, we still need to rent it back. The rental costs then go against our FFP. 

Also it has to be valued at a realist price. We cannot just sell the ground for an amount as the FL wouldn’t accept this.

The rent also has to be realistic and not just £1 per week for example.  

Its a great listen for anyone who’s interested 

• Like 1