Senior pros back, what about Abdi/ Jones?

2 hours ago, Spookone said:

I thought it was DC who spoke to Abdi not Jos?

Still Bruce may insist on having the option to bring him in from the cold.

What a new player we could have if it did happen!

Even if he regains full fitness, considering his age, the fact he has been out of the game for so long, certainly no good to us anymore. Might whet the appetite of some 1st div club. 

14 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Even if he regains full fitness, considering his age, the fact he has been out of the game for so long, certainly no good to us anymore. Might whet the appetite of some 1st div club. 

Never say never - look at Hutch.

On 27/12/2018 at 13:11, DuttyTeabags said:

So, Westwood,  Hutch, Boyd are back.

No sign as yet of Abdi or Jones but given Onomah and Hutch came off in last game should we potentially look at Jones?

Not sure what has happened with Abdi can anyone fill in on what he's been accused of?

Boyd is garbage. Jones is garbage. Sooner these pair are off the wage bill the better.

Hutch is more than useful.

As for abdi... well who knows.

Edited by Spondon Owl

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

I doubt we'll see Abdi pull an SWFC shirt on again and didn't everyone hate Jones when he was actually playing.

Jones had had good games and bad games. When we were pushing top 6 he wasn't good enough.

With more modest expectations and less competition for places I would be happy for him to see some game time in front of Pulepessy 

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Boyd is garbage. Jones is garbage. Sooner these pair are off the wage bill the better.

Hutch is more than useful.

As for abdi... well who knows.

Boyd has been a huge disappointment so far, but he's never really been given a sustained opportunity in his preferred position. 

Worth a look at him in a front 3 if that's how we're going to line up  He makes intelligent runs, can pick a pass in and around the area and he can finish.

11 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Boyd has been a huge disappointment so far, but he's never really been given a sustained opportunity in his preferred position. 

Worth a look at him in a front 3 if that's how we're going to line up  He makes intelligent runs, can pick a pass in and around the area and he can finish.

Be very interesting to see how Boyd gets on if Bruce comes in,  he did quite well at Hull under Bruce and got his move to Burnley

personally I agree with you, he’s never had a run in his natural position 

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:18, Bouncing Owl said:

Jones probably not good enough now and Abdi is maybe down to his professionalism and his application since he has been here. 

DC is not happy with Abdi's application, apparently on the form he claimed to be a professional footballer.

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

After what was said at the fans forum I’ll be happy if Almen Abdi never pulls on a Wednesday shirt again.

I do however think Jones should be an option ahead of Pelupessey on the bench.

Eric cantona has worn a wednesday shirt longer than abdi.I can't believe that we are paying a player who has basically refused to play by stating he's injured.Surely he's not honouring the part of his contract that states he should play football in return for lucrative waves.I would be getting every scan and independant medical assessment done and if fit he would be forced to play .And if he refused get would have his contract torn up

1 hour ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

Eric cantona has worn a wednesday shirt longer than abdi.I can't believe that we are paying a player who has basically refused to play by stating he's injured.Surely he's not honouring the part of his contract that states he should play football in return for lucrative waves.I would be getting every scan and independant medical assessment done and if fit he would be forced to play .And if he refused get would have his contract torn up

Agreed. And that's what should have happened when FF refused to travel to Norwich. His contribution to the club has been virtually zero since then.