Hutch's salute....

7 hours ago, damianb1 said:

If you genuinely feel that the way pogba conducts himself is better you seriously need to give your head a wobble. Like others have said he typifies all that is wrong with the modern game and society in general. He is more concerned with haircuts and celebrations than being the best footballer he can, if he'd been around at the same time the class of 92 were coming through he'd have been released, not because he wasn't good enough but because of his focus and determination. You can see why SAF didn't trust him. Not fit to lace the boots of the likes of scholes, Keane etc, and in a fifty fifty between him and hutch I know who I'd back every time. I even know who I'd back in a 30-70!

You’ve only got half of my point. Apart from the deleted tweet Pogba has shown more class than Hutch has and that is setting the bar pretty low (as you correctly point out above).

I’ll ask my question differently: Hutch’s reaction or Westwood’s? No competition for me and tells me a lot about both of them.

2 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

You’ve only got half of my point. Apart from the deleted tweet Pogba has shown more class than Hutch has and that is setting the bar pretty low (as you correctly point out above).

I’ll ask my question differently: Hutch’s reaction or Westwood’s? No competition for me and tells me a lot about both of them.

That just demonstrates the difference in humans. Westwood had just got on with his job whereas Sam has "worn his heart on his sleeve". Sams response would be frowned upon in a professional workplace but football isn't a professional workplace. A huge proportion of footballers come from working class backgrounds and as such aren't always the brightest buttons in the box (yes I'm aware that us a sweeping generalisation but it isn't that far wide of the mark). Football is a way of the making a better life for them and their families. Most have to develop a thick skin in order to succeed and banter (or whatever you wish to call it as this word appears to have been hijacked by the pc police) is very much part of the football world. Is it something which i would be proud of doing? No it isn't, is it something which I can understand when (if what a lot believe is correct) that someone who has a second chance at a career he clearly loves by someone who is plainly making very poor judgements and lacks the moral fibre to listen to alternative perspectives? Yes I can completely understand. Is it really worth debating? Probably not. You think he's done something wrong, I don't. Let's agree to disagree but I will say I'm a damn sight happier this Thursday evening after the last 2 games including sams gesture than I was this time last week with the previous incumbent still in charge!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, damianb1 said:

That just demonstrates the difference in humans. Westwood had just got on with his job whereas Sam has "worn his heart on his sleeve". Sams response would be frowned upon in a professional workplace but football isn't a professional workplace. A huge proportion of footballers come from working class backgrounds and as such aren't always the brightest buttons in the box (yes I'm aware that us a sweeping generalisation but it isn't that far wide of the mark). Football is a way of the making a better life for them and their families. Most have to develop a thick skin in order to succeed and banter (or whatever you wish to call it as this word appears to have been hijacked by the pc police) is very much part of the football world. Is it something which i would be proud of doing? No it isn't, is it something which I can understand when (if what a lot believe is correct) that someone who has a second chance at a career he clearly loves by someone who is plainly making very poor judgements and lacks the moral fibre to listen to alternative perspectives? Yes I can completely understand. Is it really worth debating? Probably not. You think he's done something wrong, I don't. Let's agree to disagree but I will say I'm a damn sight happier this Thursday evening after the last 2 games including sams gesture than I was this time last week with the previous incumbent still in charge!

I haven’t said I don’t understand what Hutch did, I do but I do wish he had shown a bit more class. My gripe with it was that some fans were making it out to be great thing to do - not in my book. Also a lot have mentioned about Hutch’s injury history as though this means he should be regarded/judged differently to others - again not in my book and I would anticipate not in Hutch’s.

Who gives a poo ?

If he'd gone on some post match tirade or called Jos a knobber on Twitter then the few getting offended might have a point. 

As it is, it's a harmless gesture, a bit of a joke at the expense of a man who probably got paid six figures for having been pretty useless at his job. 

A non-story, tailor made for someone in the internet to get upset about. 

Oh and Pogbas conduct has been far worse with respect to Mourinho. 

Actively downed tools, couldn't be arsed and then miarcously remembered he's a top footballer when Jose was booted. 

Hutch was completely ostracized from the Wednesday team. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Can see peoples point that it was slightly unprofessional of Hutchinson but hardly worth getting upset about.

I bet Jos doesnt even know about it and probably not even the two results since he left.

Tbf, Jos is still stuck at Gatwick. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Oh and Pogbas conduct has been far worse with respect to Mourinho. 

Actively downed tools, couldn't be arsed and then miarcously remembered he's a top footballer when Jose was booted. 

Hutch was completely ostracized from the Wednesday team. 

This just shows how you can interpret events to suit one’s agenda. You claim Pogba downed tools but many Man U fans blame the manager for treating him badly - does this sound similar to events at S6?

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Can see peoples point that it was slightly unprofessional of Hutchinson but hardly worth getting upset about.

I bet Jos doesnt even know about it and probably not even the two results since he left.

Don’t think anyone’s getting upset about it, certainly not me. I commented because some were treating Hutch as a hero when his behaviour was pretty crass.

10 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Simaniac and his gang are going to be all over ya for that last sentence, M'Lud. lol 

They wont have seen it, they are too busy buying Megson posters for their bedroon walls. 

• Haha 2

On 26/12/2018 at 21:26, Rev Owl said:

Some of the longest and most heated debates on here are about acceptable standards. 

We seem to have quite a few opinions from the 'don't get upset it's only football' through the 'I don't mind' to the 'people ought to be kind in all circumstances'.

I favour the latter. 

We've had it about

abuse / no abuse to DC

crowd fights

Beer throwing

Dave / Atdhe

etc etc

and now this. 

What's clear is that we go round and round and round getting increasingly frustrated that the other person can't see our point if view.

It descends into insults. 

Just a thought.

PS I know we have freedom of speech. 

PPS I know we need to speak up when people overstep the mark. 

PPPS we don't agree where the mark is. 

I posted this on page 4 of this thread. 

Just to prove my point and also highlight my uncanny knack of understanding human behaviour.... 

Here it is again on page 12.

:stuwinky:

Edited by Rev Owl

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

I posted this on page 4 of this thread. 

Just to prove my point and also highlight my uncanny knack of understanding human behaviour.... 

Here it is again on page 12.

:stuwinky:

Haha... made me laugh that.

8 pages of hot air. Hutchinson has shown nothing but commitment to the cause for Wednesday. Jos never got out of his seat.

Just a throwaway gesture in the heat of the moment, maybe just maybe Sam got a little over excited at winning a tough game.

Not sure we ever let less than 3 goals in at a tough game when Jos was in charge. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

" pretty low ???

unbelievable lol absolutely unbelievable....  Who did Hutch murder at the same time ?

You'll be having the players hug and hold group  " feelings " therapy before the game next......and who gives a to55 about pogba ?

he doesn't play for us, never will. So, sod him.

and here's a little tip -

Hutch, Westwood......    " People " are different, with different personalities. The are not to be lumped into one perfect utopia of camp fire song singing liberal happiness.

different personalities .....  it's called real life.;-)

• Like 1