Hutch's salute....

Guest LittleG
17 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

I realise I’m in a minority here.

However I’ve just seen Pogba on motd. He was treated poorly by his ex-manager at Man U and today delivers a good performance and two good goals. I’m sure he too felt like sending a message to his ex-manager. But no he showed a bit of class and has let his football do the talking.

So we have Hutch’s reaction and Pogba’s reaction - I know which one I prefer.

He might have scored 2 goals today  but he's also been very critical of Jose in the past and there have been several spats between them. You can't really use Pogba as an example cos his behaviour as not been exemplary 

2 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

Agree.

I come from the school where the best players let their football do the talking.

But the best players weren't allowed to let their football, do the talking. Kind of see where you're coming from with regards to respect (or lack of it) My perspective is respect has to be earned whether in working life or in life in general.

Hutch probably doesn't see Jos as worthy of respect, although tbf I don't think he was even thinking about respect, he was just enjoying the moment with the noisy, passionate fans who had backed the players so well and was sharing a "moment" with them.

Would like to know how many who were there were offended with his actions, don't know for sure but I bet the answer isn't many if any.

20 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

So we have Hutch’s reaction and Pogba’s reaction - I know which one I prefer.

Without taking  sides - Pogba was pretty disrespectful after Mouriniho was sacked.

He issued a tweet and photograph on the very same morning - which he then deleted.

So much so that Gary Neville told him to “do one” via a similar tweet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Spot on. Don’t see what good the cretins who do it think it will do. Think the lad deserves a lot of credit for his professionalism in the face of some pretty disgusting behaviour from his own fans. 

He strikes me as quite a strong character to be honest. Looked obviously upset in that Derby game but the Bolton game a few days later he was coming off from warming up and looked in good spirits, it's always struck me that because he arrived in the era of signing expensive players and that he was 350k from Charlton that people wrote him off before he'd kicked a ball.

It’s funny how similar our situation is with Man Utd’s 

both sacked our managers at the same time, who banished certain players from the club (Pogba for them, hutch and Westwood for us),

now hutch and Westwood are unlikely to get you a winning goal but both have the same effect in terms of character 

United have also won both their game since, as have we 

20 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

The problem you've got here is that its a clear fans favourite doing something slightly unprofessional. If it was Nuhiu or Palmer or Fox doing it then some people would be hammering them. I'm conflicted because it is obviously a funny gesture that people outside the club and fans maybe don't get but like others have said, he's won the war. Jos has gone, he's back in the team. Maybe a quiet word in his ear about conduct wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Haha! Can you imagine if Nuhiu had done it!! The meltdown on here would of been insane! 

Some posters on here nearly needed the Samaritans helpline when he tried to get the crowd going after a goal the other week! 

:carlosswfc:

27 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Wakefield is 100% Wednesday, even if he is turning into Victor Meldrew in his old age...

lol

I can vouch for this, Wakefield is as big a Wednesdayite as anyone on the planet. Completely disagree with him on this though. Jos was on the verge of taking us down, deserved all he gets.

As for Sam! looking at it from both sides, was it unprofessional... yeah kinda! Can I see where his frustrations have come from?

definitely!

This is a player that's already had to retire once threw injury at a very young age for a footballer and was given a lifeline by our club!

A club he's stated his gratitude and love for countless times!

and to be overlooked time and time again not due to ability or desire but because the manager has decided your face doesn't fit...

wouldnt you be angry? A club you give your all for? Like I stated earlier he's had to retire once before but never holds back in any game he's played for us and gives his all, despite surely having some nagging doubt in his head that the next game could be his last.

should someone have a word? Definitely! Should he be punished and lambasted? No! 

35 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Your starting to understand why he was left out. He knew jos was crap and vented his thoughts 

Well done hutch and I'd have done the same to a manager who didn't know what day it was 

Think you’ve just been well and truly wished mate. And for all the offended snowflakes on here. Well done hutch. Top man

Guest wilyfox

Don't like to see that sort of thing, but don't know what was said between them either. So, won't criticise. Best to let it go and kick on.. 

57 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Why? Jos nearly fvvcked up Hutch’s career. I think it’s pretty tame in terms of what he could have done. 

Unless im missing something it was the same for Westwood and he dealt with the situation with a class

• Thanks 1

Jos Luhukay was single handedly taking our club to hell in a hand cart. A club that Sam Hutchinson and other players have a deep affinity with. Jos had split the players and the fanbase and almost split the players FROM the fanbase, ffs. 

Had Jos stayed and taken us down a division due to not playing experienced players, he would have split the very core of our club asunder. Good solid players would have left the club and in all possibility it may have taken us years to settle and rebuild.

It was almost as if JL was trying to get sacked and get his payoff so that he could spend Christmas with his family. Good luck to him , he achieved that goal with only hours to spare. He had no feelings for the club, the players or the supporters.

I wouldn't give a flying feck if the whole matchday squad at the Brum game came out of the tunnel doing a John Cleese finger under the nose goosestep. 

Let the politically correct negging begin. I'm just happy to see the players happy and playing half decent football again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1