Hutch's salute....

1 minute ago, Wakefield owl said:

That probably applies to both of them.

Not really.Applies to someone who can't see what Jos has done to several players over this season and then calls them out for having a pop when he's been shown to be a complete twunt.

Two matches two wins two clean sheets. I bet even his pay off tastes bitter. 

Good.

Just now, Wakefield owl said:

Agree.

I come from the school where the best players let their football do the talking.

The bloke was a wazzurk. Hutch is just having a laugh. And as far as i’m aware he hasn’t been unprofessional in the way Jos, by swearing on live radio.  

Dutch potty mouth. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

If I was in charge he would be facing a hefty fine. Very poor from one of our senior professionals regardless of his personal thoughts.

I’m starting to understand why he was left out.

What an unfortunate but typical pier of 2010s keyboard warriorship

Firstly it’s a joke, banter,  call it what you will.  When and why did society lose its collective sense of humour?

Second, even if as an individual you don’t find something funny why not ignore it, shrug it of instead of being offended. Fine him, ban him, hang him blah blah blah

Finally, try putting your self in Hutch’s shoes. If you were a 29 year old professional footballer with a degenerative knee condition where every game could be your last and you’d just had half a season stolen by an out of his depth manager perhaps you’d feel a little bit miffed..............?

• Thanks 2

The way I see this is Hutchinson saying a big f*ck off to Jos and good on him.

He excluded him from the first team missed out on months of senior football. Respect goes both ways and I don’t feel he got any from the previous manager. 

If Jos was still at the club it’s out of order, he isn’t and he’s the past. I have no problem with an employee who’s been shafted out of thousands of extra pounds in appearances bonus’s, having their career put on hold, rumours constantly about you and your ability and your to do your job, your health etc having a laugh and joke with the fans at a bloke who aided in setting the club and your personal goals back. 

For me professionalism can go out the window when an employee had been screwed, the former boss is gone and it won’t harm things going forward.

19 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Well you're not wrong, being a gob sh ite may be OK with his peers but if any player has  been performing and been disrespectful of the manager then they are as much to blame for our poor performances as Jos was. They all work within a structure and whatever you think of Jos he was the manager and should be given the respect he deserved as such.

One things for sure, Bruce will sort him if he tries it with him.

You are 100% right on that but hopefully managers like SB will also judge players on ability and work any issues out with them in private rather than publicly eschewing them which will gather more respect professionally and personally and that's the difference... May only be conjecture at this point but it's boxing day and we've got a rare 3 points and I'm smashed so to hell with it 

lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Well you're not wrong, being a gob sh ite may be OK with his peers but if any player has  been performing and been disrespectful of the manager then they are as much to blame for our poor performances as Jos was. They all work within a structure and whatever you think of Jos he was the manager and should be given the respect he deserved as such.

Probably tuning up his hair dryer right now if he’s seen the picture.

He must have learned something from the great Sir Alex in his time at Man U.

3 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

What an unfortunate but typical pier of 2010s keyboard warriorship

Firstly it’s a joke, banter,  call it what you will.  When and why did society lose its collective sense of humour?

Second, even if as an individual you don’t find something funny why not ignore it, shrug it of instead of being offended. Fine him, ban him, hang him blah blah blah

Finally, try putting your self in Hutch’s shoes. If you were a 29 year old professional footballer with a degenerative knee condition where every game could be your last and you’d just had half a season stolen by an out of his depth manager perhaps you’d feel a little bit miffed..............?

‘Stolen’? Don’t buy that Hutch did not help himself, not that I agree with what Jos did.

22 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Tries what? How did Hutch disrespect Jos. You seem to be in full possession of all the facts as to why Hutch was left out. What was said, by whom and when. Please share your ITK information with the rest of us because we’re in the dark

Every team has outspoken players.

Usually these players are not the easiest to manage but are the same players that bring character and leadership to the team on the field.

Good man managers know how to handle these type of players, recognise what they bring and get the best of them.

Jos proved to be an awful man manager and ended up with a team totally devoid of character and leadership.

Edited by oldishowl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Guest LittleG
20 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

I'm big fan of Hutchinson as a player but he's shown a bit of naivety there, especially with a new manager due to come in. Any new manager could see that and already think he's got a disrespectful player on his hands.

I think you're showing a lot of naivety in your reply. Any new manager should only judge a player once he has met him and assessed his ability on the pitch. What's gone before will not be taken into account 

36 minutes ago, Maxine said:

Are you kidding?

Not at all. He's come back into the side after being given an awful deal and done a good job. I think it's better just left at that.

It's like winning a big bet from someone and then giving them a rub down. Totally uncalled for.

Edited by 2soon

Just now, oldishowl said:

Every team has outspoken players.

Usually these players are not the easiest to manage but are the same players that character and leadership to the team on the field.

Good man managers know how to handle these type of players, recognise what they bring and get the best of them.

Jos proved to be an awful man manager and ended up with a team totally devoid of character and leadership.

Pretty much what I was trying to say except through a haze of snowballs and sherry... chin chin boys we're on our way back! 

:stuwinky:

3 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Yet you've decided who's in the wrong. 

No I haven’t but Hutch’s action today does lean me towards believing some of the stories I’ve heard about him.

I suspect when he engages the part of his brain that still operates he will probably wish he hadn’t done that today - euphoria of winning and playing hopefully and nothing more.

Just now, 2soon said:

Not at all. He's come back into the side after being given an awful deal and done a good job. I think it's better just left at that.

It's like winning a big bet from someone and then giving them a rub down. Totally uncalled for.

I think it's funny and I don't  blame him one bit for doing it.