Shop Window

4 hours ago, hawksmore said:

if someone is willing to pay £10m for Reach i would be ecstatic, especially if that levels us out to not have another transfer embargo next summer, when we potentially release a lot of money off the wage bill too.

We rejected 9 mill in the summer, his value had only gone up.

Guest Bulgaria
11 hours ago, zico.b said:

Jordan Rhodes will make up some of the shortfall.

No way are Norwich not going to make that transfer permanent.

If Norwich go up, they will not want Rhodes.

Are we really as close as he makes out if the 2 million to get Bruce isnowt to

go buy I do find it doubtful.

and why would we sell now the team is heading back in the right direction?? Bruce will only come if he has a shot at picking his best players surely ? We may see a few loaned out and a few of the unplayable gone but none of the recent 11 or is be shocked 

If the money is right why wouldn’t we sell? I expect Bruce will be able to work the loan market like a treat so I’d hope we can plug any gaps from leaving players.  Whilst no one likes to see our prize assets leave, at the same time I’d be quite encouraged to see the club on a more solid financial footing. 

6 hours ago, hawksmore said:

if someone is willing to pay £10m for Reach i would be ecstatic, especially if that levels us out to not have another transfer embargo next summer, when we potentially release a lot of money off the wage bill too.

Reach is being linked with Premiership clubs. If he moves in January he will go for an awful lot more than £10m.

25 year old, left-sided, two-footed, English, play any position, ultra-professional, tantrum-free, 45 game per season, fast, powerful, and now goal-scoring star player.

I would say the fee will be nearer £20m than £10m.

Hope he stays though. As the team gets stronger Adam’s runs and chances will increase, and you back him to score them more often than not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tomo2001 said:

Rumours in the pub yesterday were deal already agreed for Reach to join a premier league club. Also Westwood to Leeds is close. 

Really hope not but as others have said, Reach could command a substantial fee to relieve the FFP pressures.

No mileage in selling Westwood yet He’s our best keeper, and as we’ve seen, his understudies are not yet ready to take over

I think these last couple of victories, will have made the decision of whether to sell in January or not, much easier.

Had we lost those two games, we'd be staring down the barrel at a relegation scrap. It would have been a brave move from Chansiri to cash in the chips, with the very real threat of League One awaiting us. 

Now, is the perfect time to sell either one prized asset (Reach is the obvious), and/or get a few higher earners off the books. 

I know we like to get carried away...but the odds of a playoff challenge is very slim. We playing catch up, and have an inferior squad to so many other teams competing. Forest, Villa, Stoke to name three have better squads and have less points to make up. 

Let Bruce come in, and give him six months to assess the squad, whilst also alleviating our P&S concerns.

What we cannot allow to happen is we sell nobody, finish mid table, and then Bruce is left with the same scenario as Jos, an embargo during the summer. But with the added complexity of losing half of the squad for nothing at the same time. 

Of course...all this is dependant on somebody wanting to buy our players at the right price. 

3 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I think these last couple of victories, will have made the decision of whether to sell in January or not, much easier.

Had we lost those two games, we'd be staring down the barrel at a relegation scrap. It would have been a brave move from Chansiri to cash in the chips, with the very real threat of League One awaiting us. 

Now, is the perfect time to sell either one prized asset (Reach is the obvious), and/or get a few higher earners off the books. 

I know we like to get carried away...but the odds of a playoff challenge is very slim. We playing catch up, and have an inferior squad to so many other teams competing. Forest, Villa, Stoke to name three have better squads and have less points to make up. 

Let Bruce come in, and give him six months to assess the squad, whilst also alleviating our P&S concerns.

What we cannot allow to happen is we sell nobody, finish mid table, and then Bruce is left with the same scenario as Jos, an embargo during the summer. But with the added complexity of losing half of the squad for nothing at the same time. 

Of course...all this is dependant on somebody wanting to buy our players at the right price. 

All sensible stuff, however, DC repeatedly says, promotion would be our salvation, so no matter how slim the chances are, he’ll believe we can do it. I think the potential appointment of Bruce, on those sort of wages, indicates his thinking.

Maybe you are right, and DC does take the sensible view, then expect Bullen to be entrusted with the job of keeping us out of the drop zone

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

All sensible stuff, however, DC repeatedly says, promotion would be our salvation, so no matter how slim the chances are, he’ll believe we can do it. I think the potential appointment of Bruce, on those sort of wages, indicates his thinking.

Maybe you are right, and DC does take the sensible view, then expect Bullen to be entrusted with the job of keeping us out of the drop zone

Chansiri's expectation, every season, will be promotion. 

But, I think he's got to take a sensible course of action this transfer window.

If he doesn't, and we fail to achieve the most unlikely of promotions, then the task next season will be far more difficult than it was at the start of this season (and that task was frankly near impossible). 

There's ambition, and then there's delusion. Sticking our fingers in our ears and warbling "la la la la la" this January, in the hope of a miracle...is certainly delusion. 

1 hour ago, tomo2001 said:

Rumours in the pub yesterday were deal already agreed for Reach to join a premier league club. Also Westwood to Leeds is close. 

Really hope not but as others have said, Reach could command a substantial fee to relieve the FFP pressures.

Rumours in the pub eh,nowhere better to start em or hear em.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Chansiri's expectation, every season, will be promotion. 

But, I think he's got to take a sensible course of action this transfer window.

If he doesn't, and we fail to achieve the most unlikely of promotions, then the task next season will be far more difficult than it was at the start of this season (and that task was frankly near impossible). 

There's ambition, and then there's delusion. Sticking our fingers in our ears and warbling "la la la la la" this January, in the hope of a miracle...is certainly delusion. 

Maybe, but as I said, I think the next managerial appointment will indicate his thinking

We keep all the players add a few loans try and go for promotion, if we get it great if we don't we could be looking at a points deduction next season and transfer embargos  for a few seasons.

or We sell a few in January raising £15-20m depending who goes we sort the FFP issues out and line up a few decent players Either in Jan or the summer we end up in mid table meritocracy but free of FFP issues at least for the next few season until DC balls it up again.

you decide all or nothing or planning for the future.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, but as I said, I think the next managerial appointment will indicate his thinking

It's going to be Bruce by all accounts. Only Christmas delaying the announcement. 

Bruce is proven at building squads for promotion, not necessarily instant impacts. 

If you want the best available, you have to pay the bucks. I'd prefer us to spend big on a manager who you can trust (based on previous experience) to build a squad, if it means slightly less to spend on the squad itself...than skimp on a manager with little experience or idea with such a task

Bruce isn't been brought in to achieve promotion this season...he's here to build the next squad cycle. 

• Like 1