Westwood - 2 Games 2 Clean Sheets

9 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

WOW...simply WOW!!! 

You think your clever with words but your logic defies any sort of realism!!!

”that’s my final words on the subject”....who do you think you are? You absolute clown 

I'm a clown because I disagree with you and I no longer wish to argue with someone who's being repeatedly obstinate, calling me names, creating strawmen arguments out of what I'm saying, and unaccepting of my difference of opinion? What a pleasant person you are.

I think I'll go back to barely commenting on matchday again if it's this impossible to have a discussion with someone. I'm sure that'll make some, like yourself, reyt happy, but from my perspective it just isn't worth my time or energy.

I sincerely hope that you're entirely correct, and Westwood's involvement continues to see a tangible difference in the number of goals we concede. I suspect, however, that what you'll find at the end of the season is that Dawson was saving a comparable % of shots on our goal to Westwood... and it will become apparent that all the snippy comments and put-downs of our good young goalkeeper were extremely unwarranted, and our greater defensive prowess was as a result of not having Jos in charge. 

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm a clown because I disagree with you and I no longer wish to argue with someone who's being repeatedly obstinate, calling me names, creating strawmen arguments out of what I'm saying, and unaccepting of my difference of opinion? What a pleasant person you are.

I think I'll go back to barely commenting on matchday again if it's this impossible to have a discussion with someone. I'm sure that'll make some, like yourself, reyt happy, but from my perspective it just isn't worth my time or energy.

I sincerely hope that you're entirely correct, and Westwood's involvement continues to see a tangible difference in the number of goals we concede. I suspect, however, that what you'll find at the end of the season is that Dawson was saving a comparable % of shots on our goal to Westwood... and it will become apparent that all the snippy comments and put-downs of our good young goalkeeper were extremely unwarranted, and our greater defensive prowess was as a result of not having Jos in charge. 

Don’t forget Westwood’s evil stare that makes opponents’ knees turn to jelly.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

No I think your a clown for how your trying to justify your opinion on how it’s hard to tell if Westwood has improved the side since his return, based on the fact he hasn’t faced as many shots!! WOW...my days. Serious question, have you watched the last 2 games? 

Its blatantly obvious what Westwood brings to the table and he’s the best keeper at the club end of, no discussion and no further argument.  

Based on on your argument/reasoning, every injured or exiled player who is out for longer than 6 months is finished.....Then the statement on David Hirst...hahahahahahaha. Give over now it’s hurting (all this laughing).

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

WOW...simply WOW!!! 

You think your clever with words but your logic defies any sort of realism!!!

”that’s my final words on the subject”....who do you think you are? You absolute clown 

*You're

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Your mans in...no hard feelings at 17:00. We will see a major difference and it’s nothing to do with the opposition!!

That clean sheet run soon came to a juddering halt when he who shall not be slagged got a shirt. Think we're at a crossroads. Flirt with relegation and play Dawson or get Westwood back, give him a new contract and challenge for top 6.

On 27/12/2018 at 23:31, StudentOwl said:

Dawson has made the second most saves of any goalkeeper in the division

What does that tell you? 

That he's made the 2nd most amount of saves in the division this season

Says nothing whatsoever about his quality as a player

Like any stat it's meaningless without context

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sam1 said:

That clean sheet run soon came to a juddering halt when he who shall not be slagged got a shirt. Think we're at a crossroads. Flirt with relegation and play Dawson or get Westwood back, give him a new contract and challenge for top 6.

As much as I prefer Westwood and have reservations about Dawson I don't think you can lay all our change in fortune at his door 

It’s not really a mistake, but small differences can maje a huge difference when it comes to points.

No doubt Jones makes a huge hash of it and will take the blame.

Look back to Westwood bs Preston though. Ball to edge of 6 yard box. Last minute Westwood comes and punches it clear of danger. Today similar ball. Dawson unfortunately rooted to his line. Just my opinion but I believe Westwood would have come and cleared the situation.

Just how I saw the situation anyway. We may well have lost if Westwood started, however this specific incident in a nutshell I think we’d have hung on for 3 points.

On 27/12/2018 at 23:31, StudentOwl said:

Dawson has made the second most saves of any goalkeeper in the division

What does that tell you? 

Tells me that the team as a whole haven't been protecting their keeper and because of this he's been exposed to more shots as a result. I still think Westwood is our best keeper but I think Dawson's a far better keeper than some on here espouse.

4 hours ago, sam1 said:

So Banksy, how do you think we'd have got on today without Dawson?.....because for whatever reason Westwood wasn't there.....and this is the big issue with Westwood...whatever his experience he's unavailable far too often, be that with a small injury that makes him go off in the middle of a game, not fancying games at Christmas, being psyched out pre match by opposition centre backs or just plain tired 

so the fact is, should any club continue with such a players then capable understudy's will soon move on and we'll be left with the likes of Tidman or Keen to fill in when the main keeper doesn't fancy it

1 hour ago, scram said:

That he's made the 2nd most amount of saves in the division this season

Says nothing whatsoever about his quality as a player

Like any stat it's meaningless without context

This

Weve yet to see dawson, for any length of time, with an organised team infront of him. 

Like it or not, sooner or later Westwood wont be around anymore. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Guest Willow Owl
45 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Tells me that the team as a whole haven't been protecting their keeper and because of this he's been exposed to more shots as a result. I still think Westwood is our best keeper but I think Dawson's a far better keeper than some on here espouse.

Well said sir! Dawson is also able to play 3 games a week which is more than our lord and saviour Westwood is capable of. Plays 2 games in which he did absolutely nothing and needs to rest. For me that's indefensible for a goal keeper, no matter how good he has been in the past. 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

So Banksy, how do you think we'd have got on today without Dawson?.....because for whatever reason Westwood wasn't there.....and this is the big issue with Westwood...whatever his experience he's unavailable far too often, be that with a small injury that makes him go off in the middle of a game, not fancying games at Christmas, being psyched out pre match by opposition centre backs or just plain tired 

so the fact is, should any club continue with such a players then capable understudy's will soon move on and we'll be left with the likes of Tidman or Keen to fill in when the main keeper doesn't fancy it

Dawson requires 5 defenders every game, still can't keep clean sheets. We had 11 men behind the ball against sheff u and he was throwing himself of at keeping a clean sheet, if this is the standard we are setting then it's pathetic. 24 games with 5 defenders 2 clean sheets (one with 11 defenders). 2 clean sheets in 2 for Westwood with 4 defenders looking a lot more solid and another option up top. If people want to keep defending league 2 quality players then that's up to them

2 minutes ago, sam1 said:

Dawson requires 5 defenders every game, still can't keep clean sheets. We had 11 men behind the ball against sheff u and he was throwing himself of at keeping a clean sheet, if this is the standard we are setting then it's pathetic. 24 games with 5 defenders 2 clean sheets (one with 11 defenders). 2 clean sheets in 2 for Westwood with 4 defenders looking a lot more solid and another option up top. If people want to keep defending league 2 quality players then that's up to them

Avoiding the question....which isn't a surprise given you are making a very good claim to be the site idiot