Westwood - 2 Games 2 Clean Sheets

LB even stated Dawson has been our most consistent performer this season ?? So why has our results improved when he not playing ?? Its not because KW is a better goalkeeper. Dawson has had far to much stick already this season unfairly. My issue is a post dedicated to praising KW when anyone who thinks that our bad results are entirely due to Dawson and the change in fortunes is entirely down to KW is totally wrong and just another kick in the face for Dawson. It even more wrong when the players infront of Dawson decided mot to play and this has now been proven yet some still see the messiah as KW and slate Dawson for the results !!!

2 wins on the bounce clean sheets and solid TEAM performance, even the normally not so fantastic Mr fox and the lethargic "I'm Titus bramble" Palmer putting good performances in and playing well.

Let's stop all the bickering and arguing. 

Bullen has taken command and gone tactically and formation wise with HIS own  strengths, no overly complicated strategies or formations, slowly building from the back with lees trying to be Beckenbauer. Hector Franco baresi and our fullbacks being expected to be Roberto Carlos. Just simple football keep your shape, be aware and do your job. Bullen is an uncomplicated solid down to earth,give 100% type of guy and that's what we've done for the last two games. He, along with most of us know he'll struggle to outwit or manoeuvre a really savvy tactical manager, but we'll give it a go playing his way till the new man arrives. 

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Dropping the most consistent player so far this season (Dawson) and the change in results has nothing to do with how talented the players on the pitch during or after JL reign. Westwood fans can kid themselves all they want. Players wanting Jos out is the only reason we didn't perform after international break until his sacking. Westwood was nowhere to be seen when he should have been helping Dawson and swfc. Instead he was to busy sulking on his 20k per week wages and sat on his arse doing nothing when Dawson clearly would benefit from advice and in game experience from him. I cant say for certain that this was the case in training but we all can see that during games westwood was not there at all. No matter who is No1 in managers mind westwood was still employed by swfc, but didn't have the mentality of helping the club just because he was not being picked. Last 2 results prove everything that is wrong with swfc at the moment. Players with over inflated ego having to much power over results and ultimately instigating JL demise. They decided weeks ago to not play for the manager. Fans paying top whack been blaming everyone but the players.When Dawson playing I never saw westwood on sidelines marshalling the defence like he does when he no.1.All this shows westwood cares about himself more than swfc and its fans and the results being achieved. I am as happy as any other fan with 2 wins on the trot. But any one who thinks that Jos was the cause of poor results or that everything is now ok at swfc is fooling themselves. We now know why we wasnt performing under JL. Nobody can argue now any different. Westwood only interested in helping swfc when he first choice and is happy to see us lose games and points at the expense of the club if he not rated as clubs 1st choice keeper. JL probably spotted this immediately and treat him accordingly. I only want players playing who want whats best for the club not themselves. All things considered Dawsons performances are even more impressive knowing that he did not have an experienced keeper helping him transition into 1st choice goalkeeper. I can imagine Thorniley, Penney, Baker and Preston etc had the same treatment from an outfield perspective.

Half way through season and we only 9 points off a playoff position and about the same from relegation place. Bruce as inherited a managers position with a club that has a possibility of going either way. Truth is it depends on how the players react to him that decides if they will play their best. Lets all hope they like him and manages them in a way to get the most out of them. Unfortunately that means doing things the way they want ???

Chin up Cammy,  your time will come again.  Have a good game against Luton.  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, crookesowl said:

This isn’t just Westwood. Bullen has stopped the incessant playing out from the back philosophy. 

Westwood plus common sense = 2 clean sheets. 

True. It has its place, but in moderation- especially when it doesn't particularly suit the players you have to pick from.

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

We've conceded four shots on target in the last two games.

In Dawson's last two games, we conceded eight shots on target. 

We've conceded 16 shots on goal in the last two games.

In Dawson's last two games, we conceded 27 shots on goal.

It's not just as straightforward as Westwood making the difference. Undoubtedly and empirically it helps, but anyone wanting to use this as an excuse to stick the boot into Dawson is just a wee bit sad and not looking at the bigger picture of a much tighter defensive shape. 

Sorry to disagree. The stats don't show the full story. The defence was letting shots through on goal with Dawson in goal because they were short of confidence from not having a commanding figure behind them between the sticks. Westwood organises his defence and instills confidence in them. This is why the whole defence has improved. Dawson needs to develop at a lower league club away from the limelight and come back with confidence to boss his defence. 

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

True. It has its place, but in moderation- especially when it doesn't particularly suit the players you have to pick from.

The manager's job is to find the system that works best for the players he has got, not force a system onto the players that they can't properly use. That more than anything seems to have been Jos's big mistake. The inability to see his system wasn't working and change things.

48 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Sorry to disagree. The stats don't show the full story. The defence was letting shots through on goal with Dawson in goal because they were short of confidence from not having a commanding figure behind them between the sticks. Westwood organises his defence and instills confidence in them. This is why the whole defence has improved. Dawson needs to develop at a lower league club away from the limelight and come back with confidence to boss his defence. 

The stats of 2 victories in 2 games prove your wrong to disagree. Dawson was taking flack while playing in a team of 10 outfield players who decided they wanted the manager sacked. Some fools still blame Dawson, why have we suddenly become a team again ??? Westwoods magic wand ???? How can you possibly ignore the obvious and make dawson the scapegoat even now ???? seriously ????? the difference between the players today and a month ago - a blind man could tell

I hope that this has not caused enough bad feeling in Dawson for it to come between his career at swfc. He got to realise that all teams have some fans who are deluded. He played very well in exceptionally bad circumstances and his game only needs small improvements in  communication and organisation. His shot stopping abilities are superb and will be a great asset to the club in the very near future. 

13 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

The manager's job is to find the system that works best for the players he has got, not force a system onto the players that they can't properly use. That more than anything seems to have been Jos's big mistake. The inability to see his system wasn't working and change things.

Jos biggest failure was to drop players with more power to affect results than the manager himself. Who knows if JL tactics were wrong when the players had already made there minds up ??

2 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Jos biggest failure was to drop players with more power to affect results than the manager himself. Who knows if JL tactics were wrong when the players had already made there minds up ??

He didn't just drop them though; he excluded them. Terrible management which was always bound to blow up in his face - and so needless too. You can discipline players without having to exclude them completely. Just ridiculous judgement from Luhukay.

5 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Wonder where the fans are that were backing Jos over this? Still not heard from them since last week. 

I wouldn’t say I backed Jos over it, I did think it was contractual with regards Westwood though so I backed Dawson , as I think the majority did to be fair or at least wanted to see the kid do well 

If Westwood carries on playing I still maintain either Dawson or Wildsmith needs to be sold or loaned out, can’t have two keepers like them at that age not playing 

Guest Bulgaria
43 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I do think you are correct regarding players downing tools somewhat, but can you imagine going into work and having to take instructions from the only living coach with Rigor Mortis. Can't blame em too much.

3 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Its cost us a lot of points. Not down to footballing ability though. Its down to one thing only !! players not wanting to play for a manager. Dawson had zero help from westwood. Keep praising KW all you want but fact is when he not being picked he wont lift a finger to help the younger keepers on match day

He wasn’t in the match day squad for months. How was he going to help?

• Like 1