Westwood - 2 Games 2 Clean Sheets

football is a simple game which was made complicated by that idiot jos ,it was the best xmas present him leaving , 10 days ago we were probably feeling as low as you can be supporting a football club . what bullen has done is what any supporter would have done, ive been commenting for months how crazy it was to not just drop westwood hutch boyd but there were in effect on paid leave . bullen has taken all jos`s craziness away. 

34 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Dropping the most consistent player so far this season (Dawson) and the change in results has nothing to do with how talented the players on the pitch during or after JL reign. Westwood fans can kid themselves all they want. Players wanting Jos out is the only reason we didn't perform after international break until his sacking. Westwood was nowhere to be seen when he should have been helping Dawson and swfc. Instead he was to busy sulking on his 20k per week wages and sat on his arse doing nothing when Dawson clearly would benefit from advice and in game experience from him. I cant say for certain that this was the case in training but we all can see that during games westwood was not there at all. No matter who is No1 in managers mind westwood was still employed by swfc, but didn't have the mentality of helping the club just because he was not being picked. Last 2 results prove everything that is wrong with swfc at the moment. Players with over inflated ego having to much power over results and ultimately instigating JL demise. They decided weeks ago to not play for the manager. Fans paying top whack been blaming everyone but the players.When Dawson playing I never saw westwood on sidelines marshalling the defence like he does when he no.1.All this shows westwood cares about himself more than swfc and its fans and the results being achieved. I am as happy as any other fan with 2 wins on the trot. But any one who thinks that Jos was the cause of poor results or that everything is now ok at swfc is fooling themselves. We now know why we wasnt performing under JL. Nobody can argue now any different. Westwood only interested in helping swfc when he first choice and is happy to see us lose games and points at the expense of the club if he not rated as clubs 1st choice keeper. JL probably spotted this immediately and treat him accordingly. I only want players playing who want whats best for the club not themselves. All things considered Dawsons performances are even more impressive knowing that he did not have an experienced keeper helping him transition into 1st choice goalkeeper. I can imagine Thorniley, Penney, Baker and Preston etc had the same treatment from an outfield perspective.

Half way through season and we only 9 points off a playoff position and about the same from relegation place. Bruce as inherited a managers position with a club that has a possibility of going either way. Truth is it depends on how the players react to him that decides if they will play their best. Lets all hope they like him and manages them in a way to get the most out of them. Unfortunately that means doing things the way they want ???

You seriously expected Westwood to run up and down the touchline in games telling defenders what to do ? Is this what you are saying if so it has to be a wind up . You say you can imagine certain things , maybe you are letting your  imagination  get the better of you ? .

Edited by dewsburyowl58
  • Like 2

Dawson has been unfairly criticised all season by KW fans. Dawson has been performing every game trying his best for the club regardless. The results improving recently are just not proof of any failings in Dawson or his performances but are proof of players not happy playing for JL. Making Dawson the scapegoat is wrong and so is championing KW reintroduction to the 1st team. Both of these facts are insignificant to the last 2 wins. It is now beyond doubt player power was the reason for our poor performances more than any other reason

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You seriously expected Westwood to run up and down the touchline in games telling defenders what to do ? Is this what you are saying if so it has to be a wind up . You say you can imagine certain things , maybe you are letting your  imagination  get the better of you ? .

Seriously ??? Helping the guy warm up before a game might have helped. Is it too much to expect a dropped player still to want the team to win or at least help his once understudy to understand how to marshal his defence better ??

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Seriously ??? Helping the guy warm up before a game might have helped. Is it too much to expect a dropped player still to want the team to win or at least help his once understudy to understand how to marshal his defence better ??

What are you going on about? 

The guy was completely dropped from the squad. 

He's not paid to be a coach; he's paid to be a player. 

How do you know that he didn't help Dawson in training? 

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

What do you think we employ Weaver for?

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

We have a goal keeping coach . Not too sure where or why you have it in for Westwood , How do you know he never helped Dawson ? He wasn’t even allowed to train with the first team was he ? You are suggesting that Westwood sulked at home , have you any idea what he is like , his personality his character ? I find your opinion quite puzzling to say the least !! 

10 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Dawson has been unfairly criticised all season by KW fans. Dawson has been performing every game trying his best for the club regardless. The results improving recently are just not proof of any failings in Dawson or his performances but are proof of players not happy playing for JL. Making Dawson the scapegoat is wrong and so is championing KW reintroduction to the 1st team. Both of these facts are insignificant to the last 2 wins. It is now beyond doubt player power was the reason for our poor performances more than any other reason

You are making Dawson a scapegoat imo If the players did stop playing for Jos I think it was more out of bemusement than anything, chopping and changing game after game 

Guest LittleG
47 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Dropping the most consistent player so far this season (Dawson) and the change in results has nothing to do with how talented the players on the pitch during or after JL reign. Westwood fans can kid themselves all they want. Players wanting Jos out is the only reason we didn't perform after international break until his sacking. Westwood was nowhere to be seen when he should have been helping Dawson and swfc. Instead he was to busy sulking on his 20k per week wages and sat on his arse doing nothing when Dawson clearly would benefit from advice and in game experience from him. I cant say for certain that this was the case in training but we all can see that during games westwood was not there at all. No matter who is No1 in managers mind westwood was still employed by swfc, but didn't have the mentality of helping the club just because he was not being picked. Last 2 results prove everything that is wrong with swfc at the moment. Players with over inflated ego having to much power over results and ultimately instigating JL demise. They decided weeks ago to not play for the manager. Fans paying top whack been blaming everyone but the players.When Dawson playing I never saw westwood on sidelines marshalling the defence like he does when he no.1.All this shows westwood cares about himself more than swfc and its fans and the results being achieved. I am as happy as any other fan with 2 wins on the trot. But any one who thinks that Jos was the cause of poor results or that everything is now ok at swfc is fooling themselves. We now know why we wasnt performing under JL. Nobody can argue now any different. Westwood only interested in helping swfc when he first choice and is happy to see us lose games and points at the expense of the club if he not rated as clubs 1st choice keeper. JL probably spotted this immediately and treat him accordingly. I only want players playing who want whats best for the club not themselves. All things considered Dawsons performances are even more impressive knowing that he did not have an experienced keeper helping him transition into 1st choice goalkeeper. I can imagine Thorniley, Penney, Baker and Preston etc had the same treatment from an outfield perspective.

Half way through season and we only 9 points off a playoff position and about the same from relegation place. Bruce as inherited a managers position with a club that has a possibility of going either way. Truth is it depends on how the players react to him that decides if they will play their best. Lets all hope they like him and manages them in a way to get the most out of them. Unfortunately that means doing things the way they want ???

What a load of rubbish

2 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Maybe ?? but do we also have players who decided they know best and not to play for him regardless ??

Luhukay was employed to manage the players - if you think the players revolted against him, then surely you'd have to say he didn't do a good job in managing them?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

We have a goal keeping coach . Not too sure where or why you have it in for Westwood , How do you know he never helped Dawson ? He wasn’t even allowed to train with the first team was he ? You are suggesting that Westwood sulked at home , have you any idea what he is like , his personality his character ? I find your opinion quite puzzling to say the least !! 

If its not obvious then no point in explaining. Keep on making Dawson the scapegoat if it makes you happy. 

• Haha 1

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

If its not obvious then no point in explaining. Keep on making Dawson the scapegoat if it makes you happy. 

Tbf, whilst I agree that Dawson has (unfairly) been made a scapegoat on a number of occasions by so-called fans, I think you're assertions and claims about Westwood are ridiculous. 

• Like 1