Westwood - 2 Games 2 Clean Sheets

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Wonder where the fans are that were backing Jos over this? Still not heard from them since last week. 

6 weeks ago I felt he needed time to get things sorted. Clearly I was wrong. It's all about opinions, no big deal.

Westwood has come in and done well all be it with probably the most experienced /fit back four we have 

Palmer.... Lees..... Hector..... Fox. 

Hutch back in midfield also adds leadership and steel, adding to playing the same system and players. 

I think we may have looked more shakey if the jos the rotator had been still on charge and giving him a game changing formation, tactics and players every two minutes. 

Personally I think Westwood would have had a lot more to do and less chance keeping a clean sheet with a back four of 

Baker... Lees....thornily.......penney...

No disrespect to those youngsters, but without a seasons worth of appearances between them and including Dawson couldn't have helped. 

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

No one is having a dig at Cameron Dawson , he has all the attributes to be a top keeper , but saying Westwood is 3rd choice was ridiculous and it’s showing as most of us knew already he is up there with the best in this division whereas young Cameron is still learning . Just can’t get over anyone having a dig at Westwood , opinions eh !! 

1 hour ago, sam1 said:

Nothing to do with Dawson being nowhere near good enough though. Wish I could be throw at my job and never get any stick for it. 

Thank god Jos and Dawson are nowhere near this team now though. 

Clearly Sam is being sarcastic with his first sentence... clearly having a dig at Cam Dawson. 

I know every team has a few weirdos supporting them, but at least one person is having a dig at Dawson.

Edited by StudentOwl

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Clearly Sam is being sarcastic with his first sentence... clearly having a dig at Cam Dawson. 

I know every team has a few weirdos supporting them, but at least one person is having a dig at Dawson.

Ok perhaps he is and do you know we all have opinions mate whether that qualifies as being weird I’m not too sure !!! 

14 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I could understand Jos not selecting Westwood when it looked like he was going to leave back in August but once September came around and he was still a Wednesday player, he should’ve been reinstated as number one. Playing Dawson week in, week out has cost us big time.

Its cost us a lot of points. Not down to footballing ability though. Its down to one thing only !! players not wanting to play for a manager. Dawson had zero help from westwood. Keep praising KW all you want but fact is when he not being picked he wont lift a finger to help the younger keepers on match day

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Wonder where the fans are that were backing Jos over this? Still not heard from them since last week. 

Think it was more a case of people trying to back a young goalkeeper who was getting silly amounts of criticism from his own supporters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

We've conceded four shots on target in the last two games.

In Dawson's last two games, we conceded eight shots on target. 

We've conceded 16 shots on goal in the last two games.

In Dawson's last two games, we conceded 27 shots on goal.

It's not just as straightforward as Westwood making the difference. Undoubtedly and empirically it helps, but anyone wanting to use this as an excuse to stick the boot into Dawson is just a wee bit sad and not looking at the bigger picture of a much tighter defensive shape. 

Organized by Westwood behind them.

Thats the bigger picture

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

We've conceded four shots on target in the last two games.

In Dawson's last two games, we conceded eight shots on target. 

We've conceded 16 shots on goal in the last two games.

In Dawson's last two games, we conceded 27 shots on goal.

It's not just as straightforward as Westwood making the difference. Undoubtedly and empirically it helps, but anyone wanting to use this as an excuse to stick the boot into Dawson is just a wee bit sad and not looking at the bigger picture of a much tighter defensive shape. 

I was about to post something similar.  Dawson would've had 2 clean sheets in the last 2 games, Westwood has hardly been tested.  We've been playing so much better as a unit, protecting the keeper.  All shots today were weak and straight at him.  

Guest Bulgaria
25 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Outstanding contribution to the thread. 

Although a much greater contribution than our previous manager made.

22 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Dropping the most consistent player so far this season (Dawson) and the change in results has nothing to do with how talented the players on the pitch during or after JL reign. Westwood fans can kid themselves all they want. Players wanting Jos out is the only reason we didn't perform after international break until his sacking. Westwood was nowhere to be seen when he should have been helping Dawson and swfc. Instead he was to busy sulking on his 20k per week wages and sat on his arse doing nothing when Dawson clearly would benefit from advice and in game experience from him. I cant say for certain that this was the case in training but we all can see that during games westwood was not there at all. No matter who is No1 in managers mind westwood was still employed by swfc, but didn't have the mentality of helping the club just because he was not being picked. Last 2 results prove everything that is wrong with swfc at the moment. Players with over inflated ego having to much power over results and ultimately instigating JL demise. They decided weeks ago to not play for the manager. Fans paying top whack been blaming everyone but the players.When Dawson playing I never saw westwood on sidelines marshalling the defence like he does when he no.1.All this shows westwood cares about himself more than swfc and its fans and the results being achieved. I am as happy as any other fan with 2 wins on the trot. But any one who thinks that Jos was the cause of poor results or that everything is now ok at swfc is fooling themselves. We now know why we wasnt performing under JL. Nobody can argue now any different. Westwood only interested in helping swfc when he first choice and is happy to see us lose games and points at the expense of the club if he not rated as clubs 1st choice keeper. JL probably spotted this immediately and treat him accordingly. I only want players playing who want whats best for the club not themselves. All things considered Dawsons performances are even more impressive knowing that he did not have an experienced keeper helping him transition into 1st choice goalkeeper. I can imagine Thorniley, Penney, Baker and Preston etc had the same treatment from an outfield perspective.

Half way through season and we only 9 points off a playoff position and about the same from relegation place. Bruce as inherited a managers position with a club that has a possibility of going either way. Truth is it depends on how the players react to him that decides if they will play their best. Lets all hope they like him and manages them in a way to get the most out of them. Unfortunately that means doing things the way they want ???

It’s been well reported that the senior players who had been ousted we’re not allowed at the ground in match days 

2 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I was about to post something similar.  Dawson would've had 2 clean sheets in the last 2 games, Westwood has hardly been tested.  We've been playing so much better as a unit, protecting the keeper.  All shots today were weak and straight at him.  

KW helping the defence out marshalling them from behind has made a massive difference. Shame he wasn't doing the same from the sidelines when Dawson was playing. Its amazing how some are saying that KW is the reason for our change in results. Should we be saying he was the reason for our poor results while he was 3rd choice ??

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

If this true it because their attitude was counter productive

You state it as fact, do you know this as fact or offering your best guess? 

The big difference between the two is communication. In the last home match, Westwood was barking orders the second the match kicked off and he was constantly doing that the whole game. He forces defenders to keep looking and checking where their players are. since he's been in I don't think a defender has lost his player once.

• Thanks 2