iFollow

2 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Chrome won't allow you to view page that shows non secure content on  a https connection, which isn't a bad thing, where other browsers warn you but still allow you access.

And some don't track you and send advertising cr ap all over the web page you're viewing.

F00k google.

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Need some ex pat Owls to get on to them and sort it out. I can’t even complain about a service that I shouldn’t be using when it doesn’t work.

:laugh:

I gave up on iFollow a long time ago and watch it by other means.

14 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

I gave up on iFollow a long time ago and watch it by other means.

I have next to no knowledge on other means. Free VPN and ifollow has got me a good 18 months of away games but going to have to readjust my expectations now I think. 

Watching in Hawai'i, I have been treated to a blank black screen in Firefox and Chrome. Edge sends me to the App store for a non-existent app.

It has worked fine on the IPAD in the app.

Edited by Hamakua Pueo

30 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I have next to no knowledge on other means. Free VPN and ifollow has got me a good 18 months of away games but going to have to readjust my expectations now I think. 

You're using a free VPN? That probably explains things TBH.

Just now, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Worked fine for so far though. No problems at all. Still gives you the option to buy a pass so obviously thinks I’m abroad. Just no video when it comes to the game. Tried a paid one today too (or rather a free trial of one).

Worked fine for so far though. No problems at all. Still gives you the option to buy a pass so obviously thinks I’m abroad. Just no video when it comes to the game. Tried a paid one today too (or rather a free trial of one).

Did it work with the paid one?

2 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Did it work with the paid one?

No but I’d just about had enough by then. Mostly said that the service couldn’t be accessed from that country, which was wrong.  Would rather read the matchday thread than spending the entire 90 minutes downloading browsers etc so gave up. Will try against West Brom. Discovered that the free Windshield VPN has an ad block so I suspect the recent failure is due to some change in how ifollow handles that, but even when it’s turned off it doesn’t like it. Oh well.

8 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

I've used a paid one for 18 months or so. Only recently been getting the "access restricted from this location message" instead of the log in page and only today has this got the better of my patience. A couple of weeks ago it let me log in after 20 mins or so.

I've never been denied a picture after logging in and paying.

The number of different problems people seem to have leads me to believe ifollow is just a very unstable platform in most instances rather than any sophisticated VPN blocker. Having said this I never had any success using the free vpn in chrome or the trial (free) version of the paid one I am using now.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

No but I’d just about had enough by then. Mostly said that the service couldn’t be accessed from that country, which was wrong.  Would rather read the matchday thread than spending the entire 90 minutes downloading browsers etc so gave up. Will try against West Brom. Discovered that the free Windshield VPN has an ad block so I suspect the recent failure is due to some change in how ifollow handles that, but even when it’s turned off it doesn’t like it. Oh well.

Do you mean Windscribe? I've called it various things by mistake myself  lol If so, like I said,  I've never had any success with free versions of the Wetwipes vpn.

Just now, the mighty wednesday said:

Do you mean Windscribe? I've called it various things by mistake myself  lol If so, like I said,  I've never had any success with free versions of the Wetwipes vpn.

Yes, I do mean Windscribe. I also spent yesterday taking the mick out of my uncle for pronouncing everything wrong.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yes, I do mean Windscribe. I also spent yesterday taking the mick out of my uncle for pronouncing everything wrong.

I'll let you know how it goes on Saturday before you do anything silly like buying the full version. If you don't hear anything you will know I've either smashed my laptop up in frustration or it has actually worked but we are 5 nil up after 10 minutes and I've exploded in my own trousers lol

• Thanks 1