Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday - MATCHDAY THREAD

1 hour ago, Weshallovercome said:

Even so, keeping Jos on was detrimental to the players, who had obviously lost faith in him.

anyways.....happy boxing day Leon!

You too Wes! 6 points so far makes it a very happy Christmas!

1 hour ago, MK6Owl said:

Well bu gger me backwards with a broomstick.......................if Jos the Tos had gone a month ago we would have been top 8 or better..............come on Steve and Bully

This is it. Clear all hope had gone under JL-when it gets to that point it’s better to get rid even if you have no idea of who’s coming in. No place for Command dithering 

Just got back. I thought that was a fantastic performance, especially in the first half where we bossed it and looked like the home team because we were just so good on the ball, Boro couldn't get near us.

Second half they reasserted themselves but I still didn't feel particularly troubled, Westwood barely had a save to make and the back four plus Hutchinson/Pelupessy were everywhere putting in key tackles and blocks. Bullen was spot on in his post match interview that we looked discipline. we definitely had better communication across the team and it makes you wonder how much of that is down to Westwood.

We definitely deserved the three points, I met up with two Boro fans after the game who said the same. A huge well done to Lee Bullen, I hope the last two performances have earned him a spot in the new coaching setup.

Man of the match for me would probably be Hutchinson, who used the ball brilliantly and flew around the field putting in tackles. Honourable mentions for Palmer and Fox, both of whom were excellent and for Bannan who put in some great sliding challenges and produced an absolute peach to lay on the goal.

• Like 3