Toytown Away Kick Off Brought Forward To 1pm.

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The away game against Rotherham on 16th Feb has been changed to a 1pm kick off on Police advice 

When will someone challenge this “police advice “ it’s not 19fuckin96 ....... it’s Rotherham v Wednesday, with no more than 2 thousand Wednesday season ticket holders there, all on a database and being played bang outside police HQ .............. pity “police advice” didn’t run to the protection of children over the last 20 years!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The whole moving fixtures thing is rubbish. There is enough processing power in a home computer to generate a fixture list that accounts for games like this. 

I hate the fact that people can plan transport, hotels and so on and get it all undermined by the police or TV. Granted, hotels are probably not an issue for this specific fixture but it happens regularly. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Leeds at home pigs away moved to Friday nights but they can’t handle a 3pm ko on a Saturday. Absolutely pathetic. No wonder no one has any confidence in the police anymore. 

Hate to sound like I'm supporting cops but I don't suppose Tory cuts on police numbers has helped.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, casbahowl said:

When will someone challenge this “police advice “ it’s not 19fuckin96 ....... it’s Rotherham v Wednesday, with no more than 2 thousand Wednesday season ticket holders there, all on a database and being played bang outside police HQ .............. pity “police advice” didn’t run to the protection of children over the last 20 years!

We dont always agree on things, but you are spot on with this mate. 

On 25/12/2018 at 00:39, OwlInCardiff said:

Hate to sound like I'm supporting cops but I don't suppose Tory cuts on police numbers has helped.

Sorry, didn’t realise the cuts only came in after the Leeds and pigs games? And can you just remind me how those cuts affected the abysmal treatment of rape victims in Rotherham over the last twenty years. Under a labour government?

Ah, so SYP are able to conveniently find enough coppers when Sky rearrange the Steel City derby and our clash with Leeds for a Fruday night kick off. And yet, Saturday at 3pm - against Rotherham - is too much for them to handle? 

Absolute nonsense. 

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:03, casbahowl said:

Thanks to Public service cuts ( To give tax relief to the Millionaires) there are not enough police to do the job.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Thanks to Public service cuts ( To give tax relief to the Millionaires) there are not enough police to do the job.

Yes there are. They are just not in the right place or at the right level. The organisation is top heavy with management. Why the hell do they pay the chief constable and PCC or whatever he is called two massive fat salaries to do the same bloody job.  Trouble is you tell a CC to cut spending, he’s not going to get rid of all his mates from the lodge is he? 

37 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Yes there are. They are just not in the right place or at the right level. The organisation is top heavy with management. Why the hell do they pay the chief constable and PCC or whatever he is called two massive fat salaries to do the same bloody job.  Trouble is you tell a CC to cut spending, he’s not going to get rid of all his mates from the lodge is he? 

At my advanced years all the police that I know are well retired, however most stick to their guns on the Hillsborough Disaster being solely the supporters fault. A hell of a lot of today’s senior command will have been trained by the old guard, the attitude that all football supporters are nobheads will take years to erase.