23 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Lets get Hillsborough rocking again, the atmosphere in the last couple of months has been toxic

Like they did on Saturday which just goes to show the majority of the fanbase ( and I dont mean Owlstak) dont believe the mess we are in is down to one person. One of the lowest gates of the season. Yes it is near Christmas but do you honestly believe the gates are going to pick up significantly. Time will tell.  

53 minutes ago, Terryowl said:

Well we finally got what we wanted (Jos out), now let's get behind the chairman/ owner and his family and show him how much we appreciate what he has done for us.

Lets get a full house on New Year's Day and cheer the Owls to Victory.

WAWAW

Credit to DC for finally getting an experienced championship manager 8n , but there are STILL other fundamental issues he needs to rectify , starting with ticket prices. He needs to get the POTD supporters back inside  by stopping pricing them out of going to games , and lower ST prices to a sensible level.

He has made a good start with Bruce , but still has some way to go.

Edited by S36 OWL

Already acknowledged the fact he is trying to say sorry, to listen, and make amends, so a good basis on which to move forward.

This is what I was trying to get across in my Lessons Learned thread. Glad others now recognise the fact too.

The stories from around the club suggest that although he is stubborn, hasn’t listened to good advice, and is probably a bit loopy, he is emotionally attached and genuinely wants the best for the club. Whilst that remains true, we are all family aren’t we?

Good managerial appointment Mr C.

1 hour ago, Terryowl said:

Well we finally got what we wanted (Jos out), now let's get behind the chairman/ owner and his family and show him how much we appreciate what he has done for us.

Lets get a full house on New Year's Day and cheer the Owls to Victory.

WAWAW

But hang on a minute, some fans on here want DC out too, then sell best players for nowt and then fold the club ...

... but of course they’re not Wednesday fans, even if they say they are

34 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Credit to DC for finally getting an experienced championship manager 8n , but there are STILL other fundamental issues he needs to rectify , starting with ticket prices. He needs to get the POTD supporters back inside  by stopping pricing them out of going to games , and lower ST prices to a sensible level.

What cloud are you living on?

Face FACTS. There has been NO confirmation as to whom the Manager will be. The vast majority of Wednesdayites READ that there were two Championship level trainers in the Director's Box on Sat. So how on earth does this make it that :- 

a) S.Bruce, the aforementioned Manager, has been appointed. i was under the impression that Bullen was to take charge until things were sorted out.

b) if the two aforementioned trainers were Mr.Bruce's current favoured trainers, and were he to be the appointed one, what reason is there to suppose that they  would be his annointed training duo? Has thought been given that they might be after the job themselves?

c) we are in financial crisis with FFP. What possible reason is that for REDUCING the income. Previous 'cheap seat' offers have produced little or no increase in the gate.

Get used to it, Gentlemen, high prices are here to stay. 

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

But hang on a minute, some fans on here want DC out too, then sell best players for nowt and then fold the club ...

... but of course they’re not Wednesday fans, even if they say they are

Find me a quote where someone has said that

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Do you know something we dont. Not saying he wont be coming but looks like according to you he is here. Also if it is right about Bruces wages, a fact you might be able to corroborate, do you really think the tickets will be reduced significantly or not at all. 40k a week takes some recouping.  

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Already acknowledged the fact he is trying to say sorry, to listen, and make amends, so a good basis on which to move forward.

This is what I was trying to get across in my Lessons Learned thread. Glad others now recognise the fact too.

The stories from around the club suggest that although he is stubborn, hasn’t listened to good advice, and is probably a bit loopy, he is emotionally attached and genuinely wants the best for the club. Whilst that remains true, we are all family aren’t we?

Good managerial appointment Mr C.

Just wondering why he said he was selling up then. Mind, you are probably right, a chairman who is loopy not wants just the best for the club but also himself and his family. 

12 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Do you know something we dont. Not saying he wont be coming but looks like according to you he is here. Also if it is right about Bruces wages, a fact you might be able to corroborate, do you really think the tickets will be reduced significantly or not at all. 40k a week takes some recouping.  

Forty grands nothing now that we're on our way to the prem....btw we can't recoup losses as things stand.

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

What cloud are you living on?

Face FACTS. There has been NO confirmation as to whom the Manager will be. The vast majority of Wednesdayites READ that there were two Championship level trainers in the Director's Box on Sat. So how on earth does this make it that :- 

a) S.Bruce, the aforementioned Manager, has been appointed. i was under the impression that Bullen was to take charge until things were sorted out.

b) if the two aforementioned trainers were Mr.Bruce's current favoured trainers, and were he to be the appointed one, what reason is there to suppose that they  would be his annointed training duo? Has thought been given that they might be after the job themselves?

c) we are in financial crisis with FFP. What possible reason is that for REDUCING the income. Previous 'cheap seat' offers have produced little or no increase in the gate.

Get used to it, Gentlemen, high prices are here to stay. 

It's called balance of probability.

You're quite right, nothing is yet confirmed, and it could all fall through and/or be nothing but supposition, but given the FACT that two members of Bruce's coaching staff were in attendance, along with the FACT it has been strongly rumoured - and not denied by any party - the Bruce has either signed, or is about it, it stands to good reason that he is on his way.

I'd hate to live in such a black-and-white world, where until things are spelled out to me, it doesn't exist...