Jos banned mushrooms

Would anyone know what is wife looked like and do you think those in the South Stand would lynch her.

Fair enough if he doesn't want her to hear verbal abuse of him.

22 minutes ago, longreach said:

Never mind the "Mushroom" headline.....this is what disturbed me most.  We realy have some knuckle dragging morons in our midst who should be ashamed of themselfs.  The well used phrase, "It's football", "it's tribal", "it's to be expected" is completely unacceptable.  Sadly, this sort of behaviour now seems to be the norm both on the terraces and on social media.

"A veteran of German football as a player and coach, Jos Luhukay has experienced most things in the sport. But the level of abuse aimed at the Dutchman by angry Wednesdayites in the last three matches of his doomed Owls tenure truly shocked him".

"Luhukay was deeply concerned at the prospect of his partner attending the Preston North End fixture. Luhukay would have feared for his wife’s safety had he still been in the managerial dugout on Saturday.

What is the world coming to when a manager does not feel comfortable enough to invite their partner to watch a football match? No one should ever be made to feel like that".

I have young children who have yet to go to Hillsborough due to timing and age.

Last time I was at home our only available game was Preston away. I told the kids they could't come. 

I wasn't being paid by the club to make that decision. 

You have to weigh the consequences of everything, but the above comment is an absolute joke. If he felt that badly he should have resigned. No sympathy at all, sorry.

Wednesday fans needs to stop blaming Wednesday fans. We're a flipping mess, but it isn't our fault. We're so desperate to poo on our own its embarrassing. 

Edited by CrosbyKitchens

18 minutes ago, longreach said:

Never mind the "Mushroom" headline.....this is what disturbed me most.  We realy have some knuckle dragging morons in our midst who should be ashamed of themselfs.  The well used phrase, "It's football", "it's tribal", "it's to be expected" is completely unacceptable.  Sadly, this sort of behaviour now seems to be the norm both on the terraces and on social media.

"A veteran of German football as a player and coach, Jos Luhukay has experienced most things in the sport. But the level of abuse aimed at the Dutchman by angry Wednesdayites in the last three matches of his doomed Owls tenure truly shocked him".

"Luhukay was deeply concerned at the prospect of his partner attending the Preston North End fixture. Luhukay would have feared for his wife’s safety had he still been in the managerial dugout on Saturday.

What is the world coming to when a manager does not feel comfortable enough to invite their partner to watch a football match? No one should ever be made to feel like that".

Yeah, there's another thread for that.

This one's for mushroom jokes.

Now button it.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Charlie Chuck said:

I would have liked to have read the article but the Star website is probably the worst I've ever seen. It's just unusable.

I never bother with it, it takes ten mins to load on my laptop then freezes.  Rubbish!

9 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Article says he played Thorniley out of position at LB.

Better tell John Coleman that too as he played at LB there on his loan spell every week.

I've seen him play full back 2 or 3 times and he has looked completely out of place. Thorniley had started to establish himself as a solid CB, one of the few things Jos should be given credit for, but he undermined this by playing him in different positions, just as he did with Penney.