Jos feared wife safety

Hear'say from Doom that. 

As for Jos, it was the article int he international break that got me. Many though he came across as a humble guy, and he did. But what it showed to me that he was not up to the level for the Championship, he had not seen a Championship game, he was already considering retirement, Chansiri must've seemingly followed the same process that he did when he signed ageing players...

That said Jos came into a horrendous situation and we finished the season well, had he been able to do more in the summer who knows what may have happened. I do have a little bit of sympathy regarding the Westwood situation, for me he was clearly expecting him to leave in the window but he should've swallowed his pride after that and brought him back in, planning for the future may have cost him his job. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, erowl said:

Luhukay’s wife and two children regularly flew over from his native Holland to support him and watch the team in action.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/jos-luhukay-was-always-dignified-but-in-the-end-he-was-the-architect-of-his-own-downfall-at-sheffield-wednesday-1-9507303

Wonder if they were as bored stiff as we were.

What utter crap. 12 months ago we didn’t know him from Adam. Nobody would know who his family were. 

Unless his wife has the same tash. 

11 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Tbf I was one of the fans who was backing him but the last few games especially he lost the plot, and if it’s true he alone froze out the players then I was wrong to back him.

i have lost respect for him if this article is true, fearing for his family safety, absolute testicles, we are the most passive fans in the country, a few chants because he was doing poo ffs. No wonder our team had no spine  

it’s a good job he didn’t manage elsewhere in England because other clubs fans wouldn’t have been as patient as ours were. 

Most passive fans in the country......  right. 

10 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Luhukay regularly changed their training times to keep the players on their toes. Certain foods, such as mushrooms, were banned from the training ground canteen.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/jos-luhukay-was-always-dignified-but-in-the-end-he-was-the-architect-of-his-own-downfall-at-sheffield-wednesday-1-9507303

Is that because they are kept in the dark and fed sh 1t?

Increasing consumption of whole, unprocessed foods, like mushrooms, appears to decrease the risk of obesity and overall mortality, diabetes, and heart disease.

They also promote a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy, and overall lower weight.

Enjoy your retirement Jos.

That’s a good fry-up buggered then. No wonder the players did not want to play for him:duntmatter:

Typical Star reporting though.

But I understand Luhukay was deeply concerned at the prospect of his partner attending the Preston North End fixture. Luhukay would have feared for his wife’s safety had he still been in the managerial dugout on Saturday.

There's no actual quotes from Jos, just "I understand" and "Luhukay would have".

13 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Tbf I was one of the fans who was backing him but the last few games especially he lost the plot, and if it’s true he alone froze out the players then I was wrong to back him.

i have lost respect for him if this article is true, fearing for his family safety, absolute testicles, we are the most passive fans in the country, a few chants because he was doing poo ffs. No wonder our team had no spine  

it’s a good job he didn’t manage elsewhere in England because other clubs fans wouldn’t have been as patient as ours were. 

In the main it is an interesting article by Howson but this bit stands out as complete nonsense:

What is the world coming to when a manager does not feel comfortable enough to invite their partner to watch a football match? No one should ever be made to feel like that.

It is sad that Jos felt that way but there is no foundation to it whatsoever - when has the safety of a managers wife ever been put at risk over decades of football at Hillsborough?

Totally agree with his stance on mushrooms though, they are a blight on society and need to be removed.

Lets not forget the Facebook attacks on Mr Chansiri's son, Att, by the knuckledraggers , the attacks in the past by some Wednesday fans on previous chairmen's grand children.

We are not the prargons of virtue some believe . The club officials are Human just as we, the fans, are.

14 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

This is ridiculous  at the very least.

Nobody even dare mention that his wife was not safe here.

10 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Lets not forget the Facebook attacks on Mr Chansiri's son, Att, by the knuckledraggers , the attacks in the past by some Wednesday fans on previous chairmen's grand children.

We are not the prargons of virtue some believe . The club officials are Human just as we, the fans, are.

Vile online keyboard warriors exist at every club and in most walks of life unfortunately but if everyone became concerned for their personal safety or the safety of family members based on this then nobody would ever leave the house.

As @bigdan2003 stated, a football ground at which the manager is becoming increasingly unpopular is not a fun environment for his family to be in but fearing for their safety is taking this to a whole new level. 

I’m not normally one to buy into the whole ‘local media hates us’ stuff, but at the moment a few of them seem to be quite keen to make the fans out as overly abusive, aggressive and a problem.  Biggs’ ‘wild hyenas’ comment the other day too, now Howson is quoting rubbish like the fans would attack a partner and child of a manager.

They are letting a minority of morons on social media cloud their judgment, just can’t work out if it’s because they are on the receiving end of a lot of stick and want to vent, or they’re being deliberately sensationalist. Dont recall them doing this with other clubs (where as others have said, there is exactly the same knuckle dragging minority).  On the whole, particularly at the ground, I think we’ve been remarkably bloody patient. 

Edited by blueandwhitematt

Ridicolous to even suggest his wife was in any kind of danger. Most of the comments made are just criticism of a poor manager. As far as I am aware there have been no physical threats made to Jos and most certainly not his wife. The worst thing that would happen is she would feel uncomfortable watching the game with all the voiciferous negative feeling around the club. Anything of a threat level and the police would be involved. 

I was once told on good authority to only believe THREE things in a newspaper - IT'S PRICE , IT'S TITLE, AND THE DATE!

This was until I picked up one titled  THE GRUNIAD, and dated 31st June.

Television is little better - after any sign of a tragedy, fatality or like, the microphone is thrust into a survivor's face , and the inevitable question aked 'How do you feel? ' Ilongfor someone to answer this idiotic question with another 'How the hell do you think I feel? Happy as Larry?,

Incidentally, has anyone seen or heard an interview with Jos since his departure? 

We've got our way - he's gone - case closed!