Top half finish

22 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’m sure there is a bit of that, but I’ve long held the view that we have much better players that our results under Jos suggested

Wr are good enough for a top half finish when everyone is fit.

problem is, that’s not happended/happening and some are unlikely to feature here again.

midtable this term would be a decent effort after all the problems on and off the pitch 

Just stepping into the realms of fantasy for awhile here . Imagine if we went on an unbeaten run til the end of the season , ended up winning the play off final and promoted to the prem. How many, if any of our current players are good enough for the prem, and how much would it cost to realistically give us a chance of staying there ?

On 23/12/2018 at 19:44, Lincs Owl said:

Owlstalk goes from one extreme to the other.

Lose 2-1 away to a decent Swansea side and everyone is suicidal.  Non wrist slitters are labelled happy clappers and ridiculed.

Win 1-0 at home to ten man Preston and we're talking about a top half finish.

Win on boxing day and we've probably got one foot in the playoffs.  

Lumped on it pre Preston at 11/1.

Don’t think we are very good and will be happy to not get relegated. However new manager, few players returning.

11/1 was just a brilliant price to turn down. We’re not really talking about a top half finish, just the odds of a top half finish are fantastic. It’s not like people are lumping at evens.

In reality to me we will finish top half maybe 1 out of 4 times from the position we are currently in. So therefore 11/1 I got. Or even 9/1 others have taken offers good value, whether we think we are any good or not.

On 23/12/2018 at 19:30, Mystic Neg said:

9-1 is tempting but we really shouldn't get carried away. We've had a one nil win against 10 men and everything is pretty unsettled. Still a lot of questions to answer and a lot of good teams in the league.

I'll still be content if we stay up after what has been a highly stressful season. 

Considering how this season is going, finishing 4th from bottom would be a relief. Then hopefully build for next season.

10 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Just stepping into the realms of fantasy for awhile here . Imagine if we went on an unbeaten run til the end of the season , ended up winning the play off final and promoted to the prem. How many, if any of our current players are good enough for the prem, and how much would it cost to realistically give us a chance of staying there ?

I know it's Christmas and all, but easy on the cognac there!!

Out of current squad, maybe 3-5.. Westwood, Bannan, Reach, Forestieri, Fletcher?