FAO Cameron Dawson

22 minutes ago, james o connor said:

The fans treatment of Dawson makes me angry. Embarrassing 

In truth, the "Owlstalk" reaction to Dawson hasn't been the "Fans" reaction to Dawson.

Dawson hasn't been unfairly treated other than by people on this website.    A lot of people understand that, those that don't?   Well, I make my own assumptions about those people.

I felt sorry for him whist he was warming up yesterday. Can’t be nice for him hearing wild cheers and applause when Westwood’s name was read out

I hope he realises that it wasn’t a slight on him, more of a relief that we have got some experienced players back in from the cold

13 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I felt sorry for him whist he was warming up yesterday. Can’t be nice for him hearing wild cheers and applause when Westwood’s name was read out

I hope he realises that it wasn’t a slight on him, more of a relief that we have got some experienced players back in from the cold

I feel sorry for the whole shambles...I felt sorry for Jos at the sodding railway station, I felt sorry for Fox when his name was booed more or less straight next to Hutch being cheered..

I feel sorry for meself traipsing down there at times....

The cheers for Westwood probably sounded like boos for Dawson in Dawsons ears...

Waddya do?

You have to rely on who picks the team....You have to rely on footballers knowing that some of the catcalling is pure ignorance and theatre...black humour..messin' about...anxiety and worry...

Theres a plethora of reasons for it.

Once on the pitch, you have to block it out and get on with it...

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Indeed, but his time will come again

Probably get a run out in the cup  against Luton.I think this has probably come at the right time for him personally with all the abuse he has taken recently and the recent 2 goals against Swansea.He needed to regroup.He's  not only a wednesday player he's also a fan so the abuse will have been more painful to hear

It has given the fans and club a big lift seeing these players return and it needed to happen. As Bullen said, Dawson has possibly been out best player this season. If he's got the right people around him he shouldn't take this personally. 

It is not out of the question however that the sea of changes at Hillsborough made by Chansiri over last 4 days, instigated by the fans forum, includes allowing the likes of Westwood, Hutchinson and Boyd to play again. 

Personally, I still wouldn't be comfortable laying all the mysterious selections, formations and tactics solely at Jos's door. Very easy to lay all the blame on him now he's gone. He can't have been the only man on the planet to think these players didn't warrant an outing when were struggling. 

I doubt we will ever know the full truth of what's gone off but when Jos first arrived he had a pretty settled formation and back line in the main. 

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Dawson  has not been backwards about coming forwards.   He is a man not a boy and his interactions with the press have proven this.   He has been very opinionated, and that is exactly what you want of a keeper - to be an arrogant gobshite who gives his opinion whether it is right or wrong.

I use the word man, not boy - because that's what he is.    He will be our No1 again though at some point, well either him or Wildsmith.   I don't like others see a need to buy a new No1 should Westwood leave, but I do think that Westwood should see out whatever time he has left with us as No1 and these two should learn what they can from him.

I'd say 80% good chance by the end of the season Westwood is gone, but if he isn't that's no where near the end of the world for our other two keepers and one if not both still have a bloody good career with us.

2 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

In truth, the "Owlstalk" reaction to Dawson hasn't been the "Fans" reaction to Dawson.

Dawson hasn't been unfairly treated other than by people on this website.    A lot of people understand that, those that don't?   Well, I make my own assumptions about those people.

I take it you didn't go to the Norwich game?

49 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Dawson  has not been backwards about coming forwards.   He is a man not a boy and his interactions with the press have proven this.   He has been very opinionated, and that is exactly what you want of a keeper - to be an arrogant gobshite who gives his opinion whether it is right or wrong.

Are you for real?.....I'd love to see the quotes he's said that makes you think he's an arrogant gobshite! Especially seeing as most of the 'at the ground' stuff that's been aimed at him you haven't heard!

If Westwood has been sold in August and we had Dawson and Wildsmith as 1 and 2 GK I think we would have accepted if. The fact Westwood was frozen out was bizzare.

I applauded Dawson as he crossed the pitch after the warm ups. Although he has made a few mistakes as any young keeper will some of the games he has won us points on his own almost. 

I look forward to seeing him being with us for many years to come and as others have said he played exceptionally well behind a constantly changing defence and formation. 

There was a reason he was named player of the month in November. 

Guest Jack the Hat

Went to the doctors last week and it turns out I've got a hernia . I think I got it celebrating his save against United! He's a great keeper in the making but needs to understudy Westwood. Pressman spent lots of time on the bench but is still an absolute legend. It's not goodbye, more see ya soon Cam!

Cameron Dawson. Top keeper, our future number one and now Jos is gone will be able to feed off the expertise and experience of one of the best goal keepers to ever wear the shirt.

People will think putting Westwood back in will negatively impact Dawson. It won't. The only negative impact he was going to have was been dumped into the first team no matter what by a wreakless, clueless, idiot of a manager.

The lads in a much better position now

To be honest the best thing Dawson could have done Saturday would have been to sit behind the goal on the Kop 1st half the difference between him and Westy was audible Westwood was constantly telling the defenders where to be and the other difference was coming out to collect balls there was a couple of times Westwood collected through balls before the Preston player got to it by setting off early Dawson would of been having to make one on one saves. 

As an out and out shot stopper I actually think he's possibly even better but the flaws above are why he has so many saves to make I don't think Westwood actually had a save to make and the defence in front was the same players I don't think it's either a coincidence or that the defenders have suddenly got much better

Guest Willow Owl
43 minutes ago, wattagit said:

To be honest the best thing Dawson could have done Saturday would have been to sit behind the goal on the Kop 1st half the difference between him and Westy was audible Westwood was constantly telling the defenders where to be and the other difference was coming out to collect balls there was a couple of times Westwood collected through balls before the Preston player got to it by setting off early Dawson would of been having to make one on one saves. 

As an out and out shot stopper I actually think he's possibly even better but the flaws above are why he has so many saves to make I don't think Westwood actually had a save to make and the defence in front was the same players I don't think it's either a coincidence or that the defenders have suddenly got much better

Can we please stop with 'Westy' love in, David Blunkett could have kept a clean sheet against that poor 10 man Preston. Lets be honest as well, his kicking was also poor throughout the game, Dawson would have been slaughtered for the same thing.The whole team seemed to give an extra 20% on saturday which probably more down to the fact that Jos was sacked. Also the defence were keeping a higher line and had been told to get the ball forward quicker. I bet Dawson was thinking F.. K me, they change everything and i get dropped. 

Agree Dawson needs to be more vocal to his defence, but in general is an excellent young keeper. 

After the way Dawson has performed with the constant changes in defence and poor management by Jos. For me he deserves his chance under new regime to keep the gloves.