Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Bruce will love him. 30 something after a last big pay day. He'll probably sign him up and play him with Huddlestone and Elmohamady. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Saw him play a good 20 minutes before hurting his shoulder. Can't remember anything good apart from that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Bruce will love him. 30 something after a last big pay day. He'll probably sign him up and play him with Huddlestone and Elmohamady. 

he has his pay day hes already here!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is abdi comes in plays an absolute  stormer all will be forgiven, that’s the fickle nature of modern day football fans, his problems will resurface though if he ever dares to have a bad game though , all of this is just fantasy though cos his biscuit body won’t ever be fit again :laugh::laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Name me another job where you can get massive full pay for a prolonged period without irrefutable evidence that you are not fit enough to ply your trade.................

 

Prime minister?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only do we not know the full story, but the biggest question for me is why?

 

All these rumours and accusations. Just ask yourself why would a player do it?

 

It is clear it’s been a disastrous signing, pretty much based on minutes played. Can’t imagine we will, but I was to hear Abdi’s version of the truth 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

DC still has a long way to go to be credible to me.

 

Too much bullshiit under the bridge.

Precisely. Can't believe some were chanting his name yesterday FFS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

t

2 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

 


Seems a bit petty and like hearsay rather than something significant.

If he has seriously "disrespected the club" it should be made into a disciplinary matter and officially stated that he has been suspended under disciplinary procedure for x number of games. Failing that it is just rumour and innuendo and is not really something that helps the owner or management appear credible or fully in control.

He probably as and knowing Wednesday, they gave home a 150 match suspension. I think he as about 27 to go. WTF:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got mcgugan part 2 written all over this

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Precisely. Can't believe some were chanting his name yesterday FFS. 

So what should we do boo him continually ? hes done massive mistakes and at times been naive. Not an excuse for him but think the first couple seasons when we got in playoffs with leaches round him he has drawn him into the false opinion that they have helped create that success. which he can be half forgiven for and then its gone boobs up hes left on his own dogs abuse from all round and he has no idea how to deal with it and made loads more mistakes. his big mistake was listening to people that have supposed to have football background and business brain. I believe he aint here as a quick buck type of guy but with lack of football experience reverted to acting like hes talking to shareholders as knows no different .... but what do i know just a fat lad off  s5!!!

    

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

Pretty sure Bullen said everyone will come back into contention now. Said everyone who had not been playing have been training very well but was too soon to make too many changes yesterday as most players had gone home by the time he was put in charge. I would bet that Abdi will play for the club again if Bruce thinks he's good enough. 

Bullen actually mentioned his name in the list of players that had been training properly with the Under 23s . 

Edited by rickygoo
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still open minded about Abdi.

He could have been suffering from depression (money is irrelevant if depressed, it doesn't recognise earnings) because of the period of inactivity.

It could be that he and Jos didn't get on (you never know, it could happen) and Jos went to DC and said he wasn't happy with his attitude toward the club.

We could second guess everything, however until I know different, I'll give him my full support if and when he pulls on a Wednesday shirt.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FF has done worse that we know about but fans still love him.

 

I think he should play if fit, what I remember he was a class player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ES6owl said:

Just wondering what people’s thoughts are now after DC basically shopped him in the other night.? Personally I want to see him go as I feel he’s taken the absolute wee wee out of the club and fans. Is there a way back for him..?

 

If he's training with the first team, surely he's available for selection?

 

If a player had burnt his bridges that bad & isn't going to play for the club, he just wouldn't be allowed around the club. Why would you have someone who I'd imagine earns more money than the majority of the squad basically rubbing there noses in it by just going through the motions, he'd already be gone.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at Almen Abdi's Wiki page  it looks like he has had some serious injury problems - shoulder and foot. My belief is that is why he isn't playing - maybe SWFC should have done a bit more due diligence on his medical history before buying him from Watford ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/12/2018 at 17:36, benitocarbonara said:

So what should we do boo him continually ? hes done massive mistakes and at times been naive. Not an excuse for him but think the first couple seasons when we got in playoffs with leaches round him he has drawn him into the false opinion that they have helped create that success. which he can be half forgiven for and then its gone boobs up hes left on his own dogs abuse from all round and he has no idea how to deal with it and made loads more mistakes. his big mistake was listening to people that have supposed to have football background and business brain. I believe he aint here as a quick buck type of guy but with lack of football experience reverted to acting like hes talking to shareholders as knows no different .... but what do i know just a fat lad off  s5!!!

    

 

We could do nothing. 

 

It's not a case of praise or abuse with those as the only options. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Abdi thought refusing to play was ok based on past examples set with other players? 

 

Or is that only ok when you want a pay rise? 

 

I'm not sure tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What DC did was very unprofessional imo.

Watching his performance in Bruce's introductory press conference was also eye opening,

i know his english isn't great but:  someone offer 30m to 135m and someone offer 150m to 175m and we say we talk to you if we interested

wtf was all that about????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wiggo said:

Looking at Almen Abdi's Wiki page  it looks like he has had some serious injury problems - shoulder and foot. My belief is that is why he isn't playing - maybe SWFC should have done a bit more due diligence on his medical history before buying him from Watford ? 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×