Almen Abdi

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Think you have to be practical about these things.

Fans will never accept him and best thing for everyone would be to draw a line under it and pay him off.

Give over, this fanbase is as fickle as they come , 1 goal and all would be forgotten 

Pretty sure Bullen said everyone will come back into contention now. Said everyone who had not been playing have been training very well but was too soon to make too many changes yesterday as most players had gone home by the time he was put in charge. I would bet that Abdi will play for the club again if Bruce thinks he's good enough. 

• Like 1

I don't get how some peoples brains work, he's had a steady career, played Prem, international caps and when he came to us was highly thought of, ive always thought it was bad luck but even before DC's comments other night it was clear the player wasn't interested, how can he look back on his career fondly knowing he's thrown the last few years he had left away? He'll probably play a handful of games back in Switzerland then retire, waster..

• Thanks 1

It’s a mess the Abdi situation like, agree that nobody really knows full story 

still think he’s got too much talent for a bloke like Steve Bruce to just ignore 

1 hour ago, ES6owl said:

Just wondering what people’s thoughts are now after DC basically shopped him in the other night.? Personally I want to see him go as I feel he’s taken the absolute wee wee out of the club and fans. Is there a way back for him..?

what was said? sorry if its somewhere in this post just wondered.

Also personally think its strange that although loads been made on line between fans online on line no media source or journ has taken it on or pressed it and not leaks. curiosity killed cat but love know half of what gone off just out of interest  

I'm not sure any of us know the true story. I can't imagine a footballer deliberately wasting the last 3 years of his career by pretending to be injured or whatever he's accused of. 

Chansiri's moan was that he said he was fit in the summer but then turned up and was found not to be. I don't quite get how that 'disrespects the club'  but it pretty much sums up his time here: fit but not fit enough. On the pitch he's always looked like someone who was playing whilst suffering from flu - just no energy. Whether that is due to a long-term illness or injury or lack of commitment to keeping himself fit I really don't know.

I've always hoped that a player of his talents could get a chance to shine for us but whatever his potential no-one's going to pick a player who basically can't get about the pitch. 

If he suddenly found some energy I'd love to see him play again but a) that seems unlikely and b) I think the Chairman would block it anyway

• Thanks 1

Genuine question 

what’s he done?

I always just thought he’s been riddled with injuries 

I’m assuming he’s not made the effort to get fit or refused to train / play under 23s football but I’m only assuming 

anyone know? 

• Like 1

Name me another job where you can get massive full pay for a prolonged period without irrefutable evidence that you are not fit enough to ply your trade......................should be dismissed on "medical grounds misconduct" without notice or severence pay....argue his contract terms

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ES6owl said:

Just wondering what people’s thoughts are now after DC basically shopped him in the other night.? Personally I want to see him go as I feel he’s taken the absolute wee wee out of the club and fans. Is there a way back for him..?

how has he taken the pee out of club and fans? 

Switzerland were in Euro 2018 so I would expect any Swiss professional want to get to the team one last time. I really don't think the real truth is out and probably never will.

What I hope is that every player gets equal treatment when the new management begin their work. Clean slate and all that.

2 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Switzerland were in Euro 2018 so I would expect any Swiss professional want to get to the team one last time. I really don't think the real truth is out and probably never will.

What I hope is that every player gets equal treatment when the new management begin their work. Clean slate and all that.

i think the clean slate aint the issue i am guessing that its no opinion but player thats the issue, a player with obvious talent and prob on decent money and manager would want to get him performing unless manager is told not to play or player just doesnt want it.

Logically if you came in to S6 and got him playing it would be an easy bit of a win with fans to get them on side. Only 2 things stop that 1, powers that be 2, player