Almen Abdi

The only thing I don’t understand is how he’s been allowed to do it. Surly somewhere in his contract there should be clause where if he’s basically deemed fit by the club and he refuses to play then we can terminate his contract.

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

DC still has a long way to go to be credible to me.

Too much bullshiit under the bridge.

1 minute ago, ES6owl said:

The only thing I don’t understand is how he’s been allowed to do it. Surly somewhere in his contract there should be clause where if he’s basically deemed fit by the club and he refuses to play then we can terminate his contract.

Seems a bit petty and like hearsay rather than something significant.

If he has seriously "disrespected the club" it should be made into a disciplinary matter and officially stated that he has been suspended under disciplinary procedure for x number of games. Failing that it is just rumour and innuendo and is not really something that helps the owner or management appear credible or fully in control.

• Thanks 1

Be interesting to see what Bruce does with him, he will be more than aware of his quality ... imagine he would fancy a crack at getting something out of him 

Fans are fickle, would all be forgotten about if he put a performance in and scored a goal 

Why would a footballer not want to play football? Seems a strange one 

As said it will be interesting what happens with Bruce, I’d hope everyone will start again and we can use all the players available for the final 5 months and end the season positively 

Edited by Owls-Fan

We were sold a player whose legs had gone. He played well most of season then lost place in last few games. Watford fans were shocked he was sold. If you realise all footballers are constantly monitored my guess his legs went suddenly and they realised they could cash in on him. Player was content it was one last pay day. He has not looked like the footballer he was from arriving at club. Basically fit but can not run. 

Basically sold a pup.

Football...the only industry where disciplinary and misconduct are treated as a slap on the wrist rather than a process. 

Not specifically abdi or our club but it gets my goat that players are fined a pittance of their salary for giving it the 2 fingers to their employer and still get paid an obscene amount and are "frozen out" rather than fired due to breach of contract.

Maybe if more was done about player power we'd have as a whole longer serving managers, more discipline and a riddance of the scourge of football that are agents

Rant over

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

Football...the only industry where disciplinary and misconduct are treated as a slap on the wrist rather than a process. 

Not specifically abdi or our club but it gets my goat that players are fined a pittance of their salary for giving it the 2 fingers to their employer and still get paid an obscene amount and are "frozen out" rather than fired due to breach of contract.

Maybe if more was done about player power we'd have as a whole longer serving managers, more discipline and a riddance of the scourge of football that are agents

Rant over

You're new to the "ranting" caper aren't you?

Get your back into the next one.

56 minutes ago, ES6owl said:

It cuts both ways though. What about all the players that were fit but the club, in the form of the manager, refused to play.

Seems a lot that went on we don’t know the half of, in spite of the latest developments.

Looks like Westwood Hutchinson and Boyd have got the ok. Not sure about Jones, but Abdi seems to be a no no.

Be interesting to see the new manager’s position on all this when he finally arrives.

3 minutes ago, Blatter said:

It cuts both ways though. What about all the players that were fit but the club, in the form of the manager, refused to play.

Seems a lot that went on we don’t know the half of, in spite of the latest developments.

Looks like Westwood Hutchinson and Boyd have got the ok. Not sure about Jones, but Abdi seems to be a no no.

Be interesting to see the new manager’s position on all this when he finally arrives.

That’s actually very true, I diddnt think of it like that.