JOEY

Perhaps we might see a different player if he's partnered with a Hutch?

Bannan is a top player but I still think there's issues when playing him in a two. 

Makes the midfield quite lightweight and Joey isn't good enough to hold in a two man. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Perhaps we might see a different player if he's partnered with a Hutch?

Bannan is a top player but I still think there's issues when playing him in a two. 

Makes the midfield quite lightweight and Joey isn't good enough to hold in a two man. 

Agreed. If we can’t find a way to get Bannan higher up the pitch I’d cash in.

You need a superhuman next to him if he’s played in a 2

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Agreed. If we can’t find a way to get Bannan higher up the pitch I’d cash in.

You need a superhuman next to him if he’s played in a 2

He, like Jack Wilshere, is much better on the edge of the opponents box than trying to play 40 yard passes from deep. They are both kidding themselves if they actually prefer to play deeper. Their biggest skill is holding onto the ball in tight areas, playing one twos and quick passes not dominating games by setting play up from deep.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

We will see how good a player he is when (if) Bruce comes in.

It's a fair point. I have been very critical of him on here at times, can never fault his effort but just don't think he is good enough for top half Championship level. However, he clearly hasn't been helped by Jos's tactics which left him with too much to do too often in defensive midfield. There aren't many players who have come out of the past 12 months looking like they have consistently improved under the previous manager so he could be one to benefit from a fresh approach.