£20 vs Brum

48 minutes ago, modboy said:

They should have mailshot everyone, perhaps old school style with a christmas card too. Could have offered season ticket holders a free programme voucher or something. 

Been to the last two games and really enjoyed Saturday for a change. Make all games £25 for the remainder of the season and many will get the bug again. Especially with a decent manager leading us. 

Agree with the sentiment but it’s very short sighted 

Season ticket holders wouldn’t be getting the best of deals there 

This is where the problem lies. Season tickets are too high. No room for manoeuvre for at least 5 years unless full refunds given and DC starts again 

1 hour ago, torres said:

Agree with the sentiment but it’s very short sighted 

Season ticket holders wouldn’t be getting the best of deals there 

This is where the problem lies. Season tickets are too high. No room for manoeuvre for at least 5 years unless full refunds given and DC starts again 

It's less than £25 a game though isn't it for a season ticket on thr kop? 

Just now, modboy said:

It's less than £25 a game though isn't it for a season ticket on thr kop? 

It works out about £24 a match where I sit I think, Kop will be a lot cheaper. 

Its not really the point though is it. 

Season ticket holders have put their money upfront to allow this big discount on match day prices. For it to be scrubbed out on a whim doesn’t send out the right message or incentive for future sales. 

If it sells out against Birmingham i’d back it till the end of the season and reimburse season ticket holders some way. 

Its up to stay aways to prove to DC cheaper tickets can work. The stay aways have sadly failed on previous occasions to the detriment of us all. 

3 minutes ago, torres said:

It works out about £24 a match where I sit I think, Kop will be a lot cheaper. 

Its not really the point though is it. 

Season ticket holders have put their money upfront to allow this big discount on match day prices. For it to be scrubbed out on a whim doesn’t send out the right message or incentive for future sales. 

If it sells out against Birmingham i’d back it till the end of the season and reimburse season ticket holders some way. 

Its up to stay aways to prove to DC cheaper tickets can work. The stay aways have sadly failed on previous occasions to the detriment of us all. 

Never used to be that way though. Sure I used to only save a couple of games with my season ticket compared to potg. Attendances are pretty similar 

2 hours ago, torres said:

No room for manoeuvre for at least 5 years unless full refunds given and DC starts again 

I can't think of a single good reason anyone would buy a 5 year season ticket. And now you say the rest of us have to pay extortionate ticket prices for the next five years to somehow justify the outlay of this tiny minority of s/t holders. If anyone can afford 3k for a 5 year season ticket on the south stand surely they won't begrudge the rest of us the chance to pay a reasonable pay on the gate price even if it does make their investment look a little foolhardy. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jaybeeowl said:

I can't think of a single good reason anyone would buy a 5 year season ticket. And now you say the rest of us have to pay extortionate ticket prices for the next five years to somehow justify the outlay of this tiny minority of s/t holders. If anyone can afford 3k for a 5 year season ticket on the south stand surely they won't begrudge the rest of us the chance to pay a reasonable pay on the gate price even if it does make their investment look a little foolhardy. 

That’s not really the point is it 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

That’s not really the point is it 

The point is

The grounds half empty

The point is we are in a relegation battle and need the support

The point is Season ticket holders were hoping for promotion and it's turned pear shaped yet they aren't demanding discounts for that, why should they grumble at a fan who got in for a decent price when otherwise they would simply be looking at an empty seat.

We have had this before on here

cant remember season ticket holders complaining

57 minutes ago, Jaybeeowl said:

Really maybe he's making a commitment to the club that come rain or shine he's supporting his club for the next 5years and quite rightfully getting a big discount for that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The point is

The grounds half empty

The point is we are in a relegation battle and need the support

The point is Season ticket holders were hoping for promotion and it's turned pear shaped yet they aren't demanding discounts for that, why should they grumble at a fan who got in for a decent price when otherwise they would simply be looking at an empty seat.

We have had this before on here

cant remember season ticket holders complaining

As I stated previously-sell out against Birmingham and Chansiri should look into it 

Totally in the stay away “fans” hands now 

58 minutes ago, Jaybeeowl said:

Nobody has bought a 5 year ST, because they don't exist. People have bought 1, 2 and 3 year ST's - most of which I believe come to an end at the end of this season, meaning for the 1st time in about 5 years - new pricing/strategies can be put in place without upsetting any parties.

5 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Nobody has bought a 5 year ST, because they don't exist. People have bought 1, 2 and 3 year ST's - most of which I believe come to an end at the end of this season, meaning for the 1st time in about 5 years - new pricing/strategies can be put in place without upsetting any parties.

5 year ones do exist pal 

8 minutes ago, torres said:

As I stated previously-sell out against Birmingham and Chansiri should look into it 

Totally in the stay away “fans” hands now 

it isn't, in my opinion....

I know of at least 2 that used to go, they are not returning until the prices are dropped across the board...not one offs when it suits.

Some fans have taken it to heart, its a matter of principle now, we have several on here.

They are not going to come back for ONE game, then get left behind again.

its a difficult scenario for the club at the minute, the future hardly looks rosy, we are in a relegation battle.

Do we appeal to these fans after we have taken the drop, and sold thousands less season tickets?

"OK you can come back now...sorry about that" /

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

it isn't, in my opinion....

I know of at least 2 that used to go, they are not returning until the prices are dropped across the board...not one offs when it suits.

Some fans have taken it to heart, its a matter of principle now, we have several on here.

They are not going to come back for ONE game, then get left behind again.

its a difficult scenario for the club at the minute, the future hardly looks rosy, we are in a relegation battle.

Do we appeal to these fans after we have taken the drop, and sold thousands less season tickets?

"OK you can come back now...sorry about that" /

I totally understand what your saying, but if these “fans” what anything at all to change they HAVE to prove to the main man we can fill the stadium when prices are lower. 

Otherwise he will just keep milking the 18k-20k for every penny he can. 

If we fill the stadium and nothing happens we as a supporter base have a facts to back up the argument of cheaper tickets. 

One game for £20 on a Saturday at 3pm is what the stay aways wanted - prove it. 

With regards the 5 year sales - I don’t have the faintest. I doubt very much it’s many. 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

I totally understand what your saying, but if these “fans” what anything at all to change they HAVE to prove to the main man we can fill the stadium when prices are lower. 

Otherwise he will just keep milking the 18k-20k for every penny he can. 

If we fill the stadium and nothing happens we as a supporter base have a facts to back up the argument of cheaper tickets. 

One game for £20 on a Saturday at 3pm is what the stay aways wanted - prove it. 

With regards the 5 year sales - I don’t have the faintest. I doubt very much it’s many. 

Torres...the fans have to prove nowt......

if the worst happens...Its Wednesday that are going to have to do the dragging back...Not fans , some of whom are going to a lot more reluctant to be dragged back

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Torres...the fans have to prove nowt......

if the worst happens...Its Wednesday that are going to have to do the dragging back...Not fans , some of whom are going to a lot more reluctant to be dragged back

Selling Birmingham out or as near as benefits all supporters. 

If you are a Wednesday fan who was happy to pay way over the odds to go to Wembley why would you not go for £20 at 3pm on a Saturday 

• Like 1