It can't be a coincidence...

...that 11 days following Westwoods bizarre and unexpected start in the U23s against Crewe that he is brought back into the first team for the first time in 12months.

The only reason I am saying this is that Lee Bullen has said he only found out he was taking charge today 5mins before Friday's training session. I'm genuinely not just looking to draw a negative out of a good win today, but surely there was upfront notice that jos was going much further in advance to that. Surely someone knew and gave Westwood the nod to get some game time and be ready to start against Preston?

I find it highly unlikely that jos just so happened to have a change of heart leading up to his sacking only a week and half later. 

Not a complaint, just find it strange.

So pleased to see some of our experienced players back though. Absolutely delighted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, poite said:

...that 11 days following Westwoods bizarre and unexpected start in the U23s against Crewe that he is brought back into the first team for the first time in 12months.

The only reason I am saying this is that Lee Bullen has said he only found out he was taking charge today 5mins before Friday's training session. I'm genuinely not just looking to draw a negative out of a good win today, but surely there was upfront notice that jos was going much further in advance to that. Surely someone knew and gave Westwood the nod to get some game time and be ready to start against Preston?

I find it highly unlikely that jos just so happened to have a change of heart leading up to his sacking only a week and half later. 

So pleased to see some of our experienced players back though. Absolutely delighted.

Who knows, perhaps the intention was/is to sell him in January and as such it was time to put him in the shop window? Assuming Bruce takes charge he’ll remember that play off final and know what a class keeper Westwood is. If we’re ever to go up we’ll need a quality keeper. As good as our young keepers are we currently desperately need Westwood’s experience.

Think Bullen was telling truth he did not know he was taking over until just after press conference. I am quite certain he knew that change was brewing and it was possible they could all be out of a job in a few weeks. Understand quite a few players knew change was coming too and Westwood and Boyd playing indicated they had clearly heard something. It also sounds as if team had been selected before Bullen did press conference and he changed things. 

I heard a month ago we would have new manager in January and made a bet with someone that Jos would be sacked at this point. ( I mentioned this on here a couple of weeks ago). I did not know who was taking charge but told major changes in offing I thought was probably a new owner as it sort of made sense. The many stories what emerged indicated something was happening but timing of forum seemed odd and did not fit in with stories. 

I am certain Bruce is on way but get a feeling one or two more surprises may crop up  As things are not quite all hanging together yet. For instance Bruce likes a budget to work with, think we had all thought things would be very tight. Chansiri did let slip at forum that things would not be as bad as they were last summer which suggests something is happening. 

Makes for interesting couple of weeks and probably only Wednesday fan unhappy at Jos departure before Christmas as I lost my bet.

11 hours ago, poite said:

Must have great eye sight from your settee pal 

• Haha 3

Didn't Chansiri say at the forum this week that Westwood wouldn't be sold in January? It didn't make sense at the time that we weren't getting him off the wage bill even though he wasnt playing but it wasn't the only bizarre thing to be said that night. 

7 minutes ago, Nut said:

Didn't Chansiri say at the forum this week that Westwood wouldn't be sold in January? It didn't make sense at the time that we weren't getting him off the wage bill even though he wasnt playing but it wasn't the only bizarre thing to be said that night. 

He did say that but then said he’s out of contract and will leave end of season which we all presume because we can’t afford to offer a contract unless we off load players in jan and Rhodes is on a season loan so he won’t get sold any time soon

48 minutes ago, torres said:

Must have great eye sight from your settee pal 

Don't really need great eyesight. Mu settee is only a couple of metres away from my 42" tv. I watched the highlights and it was great to see a few of those players back in the team.

You really need to stop trying to be clever. It really doesn't suit you. 

43 minutes ago, poite said:

Don't really need great eyesight. Mu settee is only a couple of metres away from my 42" tv. I watched the highlights and it was great to see a few of those players back in the team.

You really need to stop trying to be clever. It really doesn't suit you. 

Just find it very weird that you post on here but never go. You are not the only one of course and it’s the main reason why this site unfortunately gets a bad name among most Wednesdayites 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, torres said:

Just find it very weird that you post on here but never go. You are not the only one of course and it’s the main reason why this site unfortunately gets a bad name among most Wednesdayites 

These comments may have once been true and until relatively recently you'd get folk on here giving it large about this and that based on a radio commentary.

Times have changed, all those not going or unable to attend have the option to watch every game live and so their comments are as valid as those at the game itself.

The fella you are referring to watched highlights only to justify his spouting so in this case you're correct as he's not even a Truesofafan.

• Haha 2

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

These comments may have once been true and until relatively recently you'd get folk on here giving it large about this and that based on a radio commentary.

Times have changed, all those not going or unable to attend have the option to watch every game live and so their comments are as valid as those at the game itself.

The fella you are referring to watched highlights only to justify his spouting so in this case you're correct as he's not even a Truesofafan.

Made me smile 

• Thanks 1