Booing of Fox

Fox had a good game yesterday. Solid at the back and got down the wing a few times, making a few decent crosses. Ok, we were playing against ten men and the extra width was not to Preston's liking but you have got to think that Jos was maybe asking players to do stuff that they were either not capable of doing or were not in their best role.

55 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I didn't boo him but....

He is a terrible footballer who is simply way out of his depth and I'm hoping the new manager will see this on day 1.

I have no idea why Pudil or Penney are not at left back

Not sure Pudil is any better these days, although still a decent option in a back 3. Based on more recent Penney performances, plenty of development required before he's a regular starter for me.

Fox had a decent game yesterday and shirt is his to lose in my opinion - not exactly an embarrassment of riches at full back on either side.

39 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Not sure Pudil is any better these days, although still a decent option in a back 3. Based on more recent Penney performances, plenty of development required before he's a regular starter for me.

Fox had a decent game yesterday and shirt is his to lose in my opinion - not exactly an embarrassment of riches at full back on either side.

Pudil came on and played better against Rotherham than Fox had....I think Pudil is a better player than Fox....simply my opinion, I never boo Owls players....I do have an opinion about who plays tho'..Mine is Pudil instead of Fox...I mean, I prefer Hector to Van aken...wouldn't Boo Van aken tho

33 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Pudil came on and played better against Rotherham than Fox had....I think Pudil is a better player than Fox....simply my opinion, I never boo Owls players....I do have an opinion about who plays tho'..Mine is Pudil instead of Fox...I mean, I prefer Hector to Van aken...wouldn't Boo Van aken tho

Pudil undoubtedly has the pedigree and has been a better player than Fox will ever be. I really couldn't argue too much if Pudil was selected ahead of Fox, but don't think he (Fox) is as bad as some suggest (and booing of him or any Owls player is totally out of order).

Don't agree with it, bang out of order, cheer and support the team before and during the game as much as you can, it's well known that helps the players perform. If you have to boo the performance of the team do it after the game.

It's like the most dumbest of self fulfilling prophecies. 

I don't rate Fox, so I'll boo him in order to knock his confidence. 

Fox then makes a mistake or has a meh performance and these knobbers will go *I told you so.* 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Probably the normal knuckle draggers that disgrace the club at away games as well. 

Just like any club, the idiots are on the rise and making going to the game more unpleasant season on season. 

Social media doesn’t help. Has emboldened every gobshite to spout bile with impunity. 

18 minutes ago, Slogboy said:

Penneys a LB, hope another team comes in and actually plays him there.

He's a star of the future

Here's hoping - agree left back is his best position, but after a great start his performance levels dropped off significantly. That's partly why I think Fox deserves to start, for now at least.

14 minutes ago, Slogboy said:

Performances dipped cos of where Jo's wanted him to play not where he should play

I suspect that didn’t help, but I was still a little disappointed by Penney’s application when asked to play slightly out of position. 

I don't think it did Thorniley any favours asking him to play at left back either, but at least he looked like he was giving it 100%