Booing of Fox

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Again today when his name was called out pre kick off. On two separate occasions.

Our fans are really nasty at the moment. I don’t agree with the way the club is ran at times but, in recent weeks particularly, we really have lost our way. 

The club has made the first step to change things with replacing Jos. Now we need to do our bit and change the negativity we perpetuate. 

He's been ok last 2 games. Not great, but ok.

10 minutes ago, supersiggi said:

Both  Fox and Joey did ok. 

Agree and booing before KO was out of order and shameful but don't forget they may possibly have had a better game because Preston had one less in midfield for a large part of the game.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out going forward with a new manager, not only for these 2 but others not picked, injured etc.

Given our situation all the guys need encouragement not slagging.

Edited by ElsecarOwl

We’ve all been given the Christmas present that we were begging for and some people still think that booing certain players is funny/ok/insightful. These bottom feeders need a slap. 

It doesn’t matter to me how average a player is, who he’s played for in the past or what he’s reported to have said on social media I will NEVER boo a Wednesday player.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Few times on the north in the second half he was getting grief for nothing, it’s quite sad really - it doesn’t help. 

Interesting that it’s the north, there appears to be a never ending clique there. Remember the ‘Back him or sack him’ hand held cards in respect of Francis, the Pearson boo boys, the Brunt and Whelan haters, it’s all orchestrated by one section, the real supporters should let them know their feelings.

1 hour ago, optimisticowl said:

Interesting that it’s the north, there appears to be a never ending clique there. Remember the ‘Back him or sack him’ hand held cards in respect of Francis, the Pearson boo boys, the Brunt and Whelan haters, it’s all orchestrated by one section, the real supporters should let them know their feelings.

Well I'm moving to the North next season.  Hoping to sit infront of a better class of knobhead than the one I have to endure on the kop.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

If we actually got behind him and gave him encouragement it might give him the confidence to play better still needs to be stronger on the ball but not the worst player I've ever seen he's still young give the lad a break 

Encourage?!  We can't have that.

Much better to boo the lad. That'll learn him to be better . Etc etc

14 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Again today when his name was called out pre kick off. On two separate occasions.

Our fans are really nasty at the moment. I don’t agree with the way the club is ran at times but, in recent weeks particularly, we really have lost our way. 

The club has made the first step to change things with replacing Jos. Now we need to do our bit and change the negativity we perpetuate. 

Like the kno*heads on the north stand chanting for Westwood and Hutchinson. What about the other players being ridiculed, Fox isn't on his own. Too be honest it is a minority who are disgraceful. This is Wednesday and Owlstalk we are talking about. You will never eradicate it. Still slagging CC off and no doubt for years to come JL. But at least it got you a few green markers for stating the obvious. 

In what has been a disastrous few weeks for the club everyones confidence has taken a battering. Fox included who has been at the centre of fans anger. However, to hear fans knocking him is disappointing as he has fought his way out of his poor form. He appears to me to have taken on his positional responsibility and has begun to take on giving players around him opportunity to play a more advanced out ball by eating up forward yards. Thing is fans always tend to have a scape goat when things aren't progressing as we'd like and some tend to adopt a fallback position of 'Blame Fox'.

Hopefully, surrounded by a little more experience on the pitch Fox will show himself capable of holding down the LB position and continue to progress.  

4 hours ago, MrsHall said:

I might not have heard what you did, but I thought the shouting was because the ball wasn't going to him when it should have...it needed moving to him swiftly numerous times instead of taking the inside dead end. UTO.

Absolutely sick of seeing us try to play through the middle when there's acres of space on the wings. If they used more width then it creates more space to play through the middle. We aren't Barcelona get it down line and Gerrit int box... We look dangerous on the few occasions we do

Didn't play that bad yesterday, but you could see he was reluctant to go forward a few times for fear of making a mistake.

Booing when his name was announced by a small minority was out of order. It's happened a few times, they've already decided.

Still think the full back positions are our major downfall currently.