Booing of Fox

This isn’t new.  Back in the bad old days of Turner and the 3rd tier, players like Haslam were roundly booed when the teams were announced.  The same halfwits would then complain about recent performances, specifically that the players had ‘no confidence’.

This thread at least confirms that my dad isn't losing his marbles.

I was too busy drunkenly cheering the name of every Wednesday player to notice the booing, and thought my dad was hearing things when he pointed it out.

My takeaway from this: some of our fans are embarrassing, but at least my dad's not crazy.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Few times on the north in the second half he was getting grief for nothing, it’s quite sad really - it doesn’t help. 

I might not have heard what you did, but I thought the shouting was because the ball wasn't going to him when it should have...it needed moving to him swiftly numerous times instead of taking the inside dead end. UTO.

6 hours ago, Big Malc said:

This isn’t new.  Back in the bad old days of Turner and the 3rd tier, players like Haslam were roundly booed when the teams were announced.  The same halfwits would then complain about recent performances, specifically that the players had ‘no confidence’.

I was booing myself for watching under Turner lol 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If we booed every time we've had crap players in the team I would have spent the last 50 years booing lol 

Exactly you’d have to boo 95% of the players I’ve watched since my first game back in the very early 90s . Weird thing is , yes fox isn’t what’s required , standard wise, but he’s nowhere near the worst player we have had . Not even close 

• Like 1

Just now, james o connor said:

Exactly you’d have to boo 95% of the players I’ve watched since my first game back in the very early 90s . Weird thing is , yes fox isn’t what’s required , standard wise, but he’s nowhere near the worst player we have had . Not even close 

And I've never seen a crap player do any better by booing him...I've seen crap players do better with the crowd on their side which we have always done with players who are giving everything. There have been some bang average players who achieved cult status because they ran their blood to water every match.

10 minutes ago, Barry Smegson said:

Anyone who says Mark Pembridge didn't deserve a thorough booing deserves a thorough booing.

Is that the same Pembridge who won player of the year TWICE...I bet you booed Degryse as well

Edited by daveyboy66

Problem is there's no repercussions for these idiots.

Bit like those weirdos who go about on Twitter tweeting abuse at people.

It's very easy to boo someone or hurl abuse when they can do nothing about it. 

Spineless, selfish, self entitled w@nkers. 

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

I thought foxy has one of his better games , why would you boo him anyway . Our fans really are moronic at times. 

He had a decent game against Rham as well.  I think he deserves some credit - At least he stands up to be counted and hasn't gone hiding behind a sicknote.

I do not understand why some fans never see the positives. When he first came he looked like a fish out of water and was a disaster waiting to happen. IMO he has slowly improved. His awareness is a lot better and he looks less likely to leave himself exposed. His commitment is also there to be seen. How he feels when a section of our so called fans boo him before the kick off is bang out of order and unwarranted. Shame on you.