Jordan Rhodes

54 minutes ago, darra said:

As part of the loan deal Rhodes will be sold in January. A fee was agreed but I think it will be reduced quite a lot from what was initially agreed.

Anything above £4m and we should snap their hand off

Knowing Wednesday he’ll have a great end to the season, fire Norwich to promotion and they’ll sell him to a relegated Huddersfield for £10m next summer

1 hour ago, darra said:

I think Jeffers takes that crown as far a strikers are concerned

Yes he was port by Jeffers cost £750k - Snip compared to the Rhodes fee.

Both scored a similar amount of goals, plus Jeffers had all sorts of injury problems, something Rhodes hasn’t.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He averaged a goal every 194 minutes for Middlesbrough and is currently averaging a goal every 169 minutes for Norwich.

The only place he's been average is Wednesday. Why that might be, we can only speculate.

What did he average at Huddersfield and Blackburn? 

He isn’t Prem quality as Boro would have kept him.

Nuhiu gets a lot of stick and I have seen tankers turn quicker but he and Joao were pretty lethal at the end of last season.

..why JL couldn’t build on that only he knows - But Rhodes never got near that sort of consistency at any time here. 

I would trade Rhodes, Nuhiu, Fletcher and Winnall, for one good all round centre forward. All four of them have a particular attribute, but these days, you can’t have strikers with such limited skill sets. Only Joao, of our out and out strikers, has the all round game needed Needs to find some consistency though 

7 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

What did he average at Huddersfield and Blackburn? 

He isn’t Prem quality as Boro would have kept him.

Nuhiu gets a lot of stick and I have seen tankers turn quicker but he and Joao were pretty lethal at the end of last season.

..why JL couldn’t build on that only he knows - But Rhodes never got near that sort of consistency at any time here. 

At Blackburn it was a goal every 164 minutes, and at Huddersfield a goal every 126 minutes, although all but two of those were in League One.

I'm not disputing that Rhodes has been poor for us, nor that he's not Premier League quality, but his scoring rate at every other club he's played for in this league had been impressive.

For some reason, the only club he's struggled to score for at a decent rate is Wednesday.

Given our financial outlay on him, and the fact that our new manager will surely want to free up some funds for himself, I'm sure we'd consider any decent offer which worked to our advantage P&S-wise, but it'll be a shame to lose such a consistent goalscorer without ever having seen him do it in a Wednesday shirt.

People saying we're giving Nuhiu game time so we should get Rhodes back are missing the point. 

We sent Rhodes out on loan to save some serious cash as he wasn't firing on all cylinders. He's scored 6 league goals for a team at the top of the table, Joao has 8 for us.

Given the wages he'd be on if he came back he's a headache we could do without. 

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 21:49, stocksyuto said:

What’s everyone think about him these days?

It might be the case that they plan to ship him out in preseason but I’d like to see him get a proper chance. If Nuhiu can be given a million chances why can’t this fella?

If it’s true Bruce and Rhodes uncle are on their way then we can look forward to seeing the team set up with 4231 him up top with reach , forestieri,Matias as his other attackers and an English manager can play to an English footballers strengths better than random coaches can can’t they?

Thoughts?

Bruce had chance yo sign him at Villa. He refused and went for Hogan. Reason he said was Hogan had pace which is requirement. Unfortunatley for Rhodes game has moved away from the type of striker he is. league 1 or 2 awaits.

Simply not good enough for league. We would be crackers to try and build team around him. Agnew lost influence at Middlesboro by recommending him and ended up being moved on. His dad lost his job at Wednesday as it caused a rift when he arrived. Think Agnew will keep thoughts to himself.