44 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

You don't sign a player that needs another two players to be signed to get anything out of him. That notion is ludicrous.  

I don't profess to be one of these know all fans like yourself, who clammered for his signing or insist he never got any service..I watched him, he did get service, but he was off the pace and didn't work hard enough.

An absolutely appalling mistake of signing which rumbles on due to fans inability to admit they were wrong about him. 

I missed the main part of your answer, you think he got service?  No he did t and the fact you are saying he didn’t work hard enough consolidates my comment about you not understanding how me made his career,  he hasn’t ever worked hard he has been a poacher all his career so asking him to work hard isn’t going to work.

• Disagree 2

15 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Absolute rubbish.

Carlos gave him more tha  enough chances , and set up the side to play to his strengths.

Rhodes just didnt deliver. P

Playing wide men on the wrong sides encourages them to cut in, our only width came from our fullbacks, thats great if you are dominating games.

The meaning of the sentence above means we very rarely crossed the ball.

2 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

But they are not wrong about him, the signing wasn’t suited to our play, it doesn’t mean he’s poo ffs he’s scoring more than 1 in 3 again at Norwich too. That’s better than any of our current strikers. 

As for a know it all fan, you don’t need to be a know it all fan, it’s common sense, he’s made a career in being a goal poacher so if you don’t play to those stregpngths he won’t excell. Not hard is it?  

If we had wingers he would score it really really is that simple

1. How many clubs these days play with wingers?

2. When Rhodes was playing for us we were getting more crosses into the box than any other team in the division

I really like JR as a person and wish it had worked out better for him but we already had two non-pacy 'natural' goalscorers Hooper and Winnall who both offered a lot more in their overall play

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davetherivelinowl said:

1. How many clubs these days play with wingers?

2. When Rhodes was playing for us we were getting more crosses into the box than any other team in the division

I really like JR as a person and wish it had worked out better for him but we already had two non-pacy 'natural' goalscorers Hooper and Winnall who both offered a lot more in their overall play

1/ quite a few and also loads with attacking fullbacks with intent who can cross a ball

2/ sorry mate stop talking absolute testicles. That’s just made up poo  

see my notes. I agree at the moment hooper and winnal sort our squad, rhodes doesn’t unless we get players who can put a ball I. The box, but hooper looks like never playing for us again so that’s pretty moot 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

He will be back at the end of the season and then we have him for another two years at 50 grand a week. 

Hes hopeless now. It's irrelevant what he's done in the past. It's been quite a few years since he could play. 

We may as well pay him off because he can't contribute any more on the pitch 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

With reputed wealth of over £500 million, a very average year for growth would keep the wolf from the door.

Who reputed he was worth £500 million? His dad is 'only' worth $700m (According to Forbes Asia in May 2018) and he built a company with $4.4bn a year in revenue. Needless to say DC doesn't get an entry in Thailand's Rich List.

13 hours ago, londonowl said:

Who reputed he was worth £500 million? His dad is 'only' worth $700m (According to Forbes Asia in May 2018) and he built a company with $4.4bn a year in revenue. Needless to say DC doesn't get an entry in Thailand's Rich List.

It all depends on what you read and what you believe, needless to say he isn’t on the skint list either.

Sell as soon as possible - pound for pound, one of our worst signings ever.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl
  • Agree 1

I don't want him back, he doesn't want to come back. Sell for whatever we can get. Only trouble is he's now on the bench most games and Norwich may well send him back at the end of the loan spell.

I think Rhodes will go but all you guys saying he did get service must be f@cking joking...Merry Christmas wawaw.

• Agree 1

Bruce may think he can get something out of Rhodes that others haven't been able to.

Top of the championship has a moved on a lot these last 5-years whereas Rhodes has stood still. He is never in the right place, no physcial strength to compete with Championship defenders, oddest looking striker of a ball I have seen. I think he would be better off playing for a top side in league one.

48 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

Top of the championship has a moved on a lot these last 5-years whereas Rhodes has stood still. He is never in the right place, no physcial strength to compete with Championship defenders, oddest looking striker of a ball I have seen. I think he would be better off playing for a top side in league one.

But nuihu makes our squad every week surely Rhodes is better 

4 hours ago, bladeshater said:

But nuihu makes our squad every week surely Rhodes is better 

I much prefer Nuihu. He's more effective with the ball for me. Holds it up well. Don't forget we got him on a free

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

I think Bruce might fancy Rhodes, he was the only other manager interested in signing him before That is slightly worrying, as one of my reservations about Bruce, is that he seems a little out of sync with how football has moved on in recent years. 

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

I much prefer Nuihu. He's more effective with the ball for me. Holds it up well. Don't forget we got him on a free

Have you been to a game this season he's been awful 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I think Bruce might fancy Rhodes, he was the only other manager interested in signing him before That is slightly worrying, as one of my reservations about Bruce, is that he seems a little out of sync with how football has moved on in recent years. 

Me too. With CC fairly often and even a few times with JL, you'd get them outsmarting their counterpart tactically.

With Steve Bruce's teams in the Championship, you see them win games merely because their players are better, but then you'd also see them get turned over when the opposition's tactics catch them off-guard. I rarely have the feeling with his teams that they have much tactical depth.

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Have you been to a game this season he's been awful 

They have all been awful this season. People soon forget he was our top striker last season and his goals made us look respectable in the end.

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Rhode's will be fine back here without his dad sticking his neb in.

He's out there because of our ridiculous injury situation. Sure, he would be on the bench most games if Hooper, FF, and Winnall were fit but they arn't.