Jordan Rhodes

He will be back at the end of the season and then we have him for another two years at 50 grand a week. 

Hes hopeless now. It's irrelevant what he's done in the past. It's been quite a few years since he could play. 

We may as well pay him off because he can't contribute any more on the pitch 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

With reputed wealth of over £500 million, a very average year for growth would keep the wolf from the door.

Who reputed he was worth £500 million? His dad is 'only' worth $700m (According to Forbes Asia in May 2018) and he built a company with $4.4bn a year in revenue. Needless to say DC doesn't get an entry in Thailand's Rich List.

13 hours ago, londonowl said:

Who reputed he was worth £500 million? His dad is 'only' worth $700m (According to Forbes Asia in May 2018) and he built a company with $4.4bn a year in revenue. Needless to say DC doesn't get an entry in Thailand's Rich List.

It all depends on what you read and what you believe, needless to say he isn’t on the skint list either.

48 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

Top of the championship has a moved on a lot these last 5-years whereas Rhodes has stood still. He is never in the right place, no physcial strength to compete with Championship defenders, oddest looking striker of a ball I have seen. I think he would be better off playing for a top side in league one.

But nuihu makes our squad every week surely Rhodes is better 

I think Bruce might fancy Rhodes, he was the only other manager interested in signing him before That is slightly worrying, as one of my reservations about Bruce, is that he seems a little out of sync with how football has moved on in recent years. 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I think Bruce might fancy Rhodes, he was the only other manager interested in signing him before That is slightly worrying, as one of my reservations about Bruce, is that he seems a little out of sync with how football has moved on in recent years. 

Me too. With CC fairly often and even a few times with JL, you'd get them outsmarting their counterpart tactically.

With Steve Bruce's teams in the Championship, you see them win games merely because their players are better, but then you'd also see them get turned over when the opposition's tactics catch them off-guard. I rarely have the feeling with his teams that they have much tactical depth.

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Rhode's will be fine back here without his dad sticking his neb in.

On 22/12/2018 at 21:49, stocksyuto said:

4231 him up top with reach , forestieri,Matias

Thoughts?

My thoughts are if Chansiri wants to avoid a financial meltdown, none of those players will be here in 6 months time.

Hope he finds another solution so we can keep them, but I doubt it.

On 22/12/2018 at 21:57, stocksyuto said:

Yea I’m excited to see winnall

get a proper crack at it aswell but people seem to write rhodes off while

giving Atdhe f*cking nuhiu chance after chance

Comparing apples and pears there mate. Rhodes is a goal-scoring striker and Nuhiu is a “back to goal” centre forward. 

On 22/12/2018 at 21:57, stocksyuto said:

Yea I’m excited to see winnall

get a proper crack at it aswell but people seem to write rhodes off while

giving Atdhe f*cking nuhiu chance after chance

Atde gets chance after chance because he can manage to put two steps together without his body breaking in two unlike half the other clowns. He also tries.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bladeshater said:

But nuihu makes our squad every week surely Rhodes is better 

His record would suggest he isn’t.

Rhodes was last good at Blackburn - he had been mostly average since then and terrible for us.

..all parties need to do what’s best and move on as soon as possible.

It’s a shame it hasn’t worked but that’s football. 

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Rhodes was last good at Blackburn - he had been mostly average since then and terrible for us.

Rhodes as better strike rate this season than nuihu FACT 

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He averaged a goal every 194 minutes for Middlesbrough and is currently averaging a goal every 169 minutes for Norwich.

The only place he's been average is Wednesday. Why that might be, we can only speculate.