Jordan Rhodes

9 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

What’s everyone think about him these days?

It might be the case that they plan to ship him out in preseason but I’d like to see him get a proper chance. If Nuhiu can be given a million chances why can’t this fella?

If it’s true Bruce and Rhodes uncle are on their way then we can look forward to seeing the team set up with 4231 him up top with reach , forestieri,Matias as his other attackers and an English manager can play to an English footballers strengths better than random coaches can can’t they?

Thoughts?

He's gash

10 hours ago, MysticOwl said:

If we sold him it would mean paying off 2.5m in his transfer fee (the last year from the 8m) and his wages for the year.  So you maybe looking at 4m. 

Nobody is gonna pay 4m for a player not scoring goals.

A season long loan to reduce the wage bill is our best option. 

Keeping Rhodes at S6 is silly when you could bring in 2 strikers for the wages he is on. 

Cardiff paid £5m for Gary Madine, there's still hope

lol 

• Haha 1

Just now, kingsidney said:

Rubbish. 

Carlos likes wingers like vampires like garlic. 

No other striker would have got the chances Rhodes did , his price tag gave him a lot of time to get his act together.

We shouldn't have had to keep changing line ups and tactics to try and suite one player, but we did.

Even Jos gave him chances, but he failed to impact on games so went with Joao and Nuhui, with very effective results.

I find the continuing fawning over the hapless Rhodes astonishing. Some players don't perform and it's ' I'll drive him to a new club myself' . With Rhodes it's like he can do wrong, and if we only packed the side with wingers, and big striker to do knock downs, and provide him with 10 or 12 5 yard tap ins per game, then you would see what a great player he is!.

5 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

Aye, wingers putting balls in the box & quick passing moves playing the strikers in behind the defence were a hallmark of CC’s last year in charge weren’t they?

More often than not it was Rhodes isolated up top running after lost causes or having to drop back into his own half to get a touch.

Think I lost count on how many chances Rhodes missed in the 6 yard box for us from crosses during  Carlos’s time. 

It didn't work for him here for whatever reason, but, new manager, new coach, new system who knows ?  Whether Bruce would get any more from him or not I think at least he'll identify the best system to suit the players available, something Jos didn't seem capable of.

16 minutes ago, doubleo said:

It didn't work for him here for whatever reason, but, new manager, new coach, new system who knows ?  Whether Bruce would get any more from him or not I think at least he'll identify the best system to suit the players available, something Jos didn't seem capable of.

But he deserves that chance to come good , the lad has scored 8 in 21 for Norwich and a couple of assists not bad going that.

The amount of chances nuhiu has had over the past 4 years and he’s not good enough to lace Rhodes boots