Jordan Rhodes

For years I hoped we would sign Rhodes. It just seemed like a perfect fit. He was ruined by Carlos though.

The optimist in me thinks that he should have another chance here, under a manager who would know how to get the best from him. However, I think it’s more likely he will be gone in the summer or maybe even January. 

I know he’s on loan but if Norwich want to tie the deal up, or even cancel the loan early, who knows?

Jordan is an old school poacher, he will always score goals.

The issue why he's never played higher is because of his contribution out of possession and his work on the half way line.

He lacks pace, he very rarely runs away from people.

If I was Jordans manager I would be telling him to play to his strengths and improve them, for example, get in the gym and put on about 2 stone of muscle.

That would allow him to compete with CBs and be even more dangerous in the area, he can still be a decent number 9.

I think Bruce would look to play to his strengths. He’s always played pacy wingers or someone in the middle who can play strikers in. I think within 18

months our current side and the way we play will be vastly different to now?

2 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

For years I hoped we would sign Rhodes. It just seemed like a perfect fit. He was ruined by Carlos though.

Absolute rubbish.

Carlos gave him more tha  enough chances , and set up the side to play to his strengths.

Rhodes just didnt deliver. P

We got dry bummed by boro,Rhodes is a pony these days,we could really do with offing him,wel take a massive hit,its one of DCs worst decisions shelling out all our eggs for a striker whos best days were yonks ago @ Hudders when he was much younger,Fletchers another poor deal,has to be nursed through a season for 28K a week and still has a year left,christ Joao will be pushing around the pitch in his wheelchair,we did some VVank deals under CC

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Absolute rubbish.

Carlos gave him more tha  enough chances , and set up the side to play to his strengths.

Rhodes just didnt deliver. P

Aye, wingers putting balls in the box & quick passing moves playing the strikers in behind the defence were a hallmark of CC’s last year in charge weren’t they?

More often than not it was Rhodes isolated up top running after lost causes or having to drop back into his own half to get a touch.

Carlos seemed to begrudge his signing & was either too paranoid & defensive or too  convinced by his own tactical genius to play the type of football real goal poachers thrive on.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

Aye, wingers putting balls in the box & quick passing moves playing the strikers in behind the defence were a hallmark of CC’s last year in charge weren’t they?

More often than not it was Rhodes isolated up top running after lost causes or having to drop back into his own half to get a touch.

Carlos seemed to begrudge his signing & was either too paranoid & defensive or too  convinced by his own tactical genius to play the type of football real goal poachers thrive on.

Agree 100%

Well said YB !.....