Atdhe Nuhiu today

6 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Well, just another thread slating another Wednesday employee. Its Christmas, anyone got anything positive to say about anyone at Hillsborough. No thought not. Lets wait to read another thread on someone we can ridicule. At least there's one less these days, oh wait a minute.......Owlstalk hey. 

Been a hell of a lot more positive posts on here since Jos went than there has been for months!

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest LittleG
6 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

You don’t know that. 

If we make him available my opinion is that someone would come in for him. 

We can’t afford to just keep letting players contracts run down. 

I can't remember him being linked with anybody when he was in the last few months oh his contract and I'm pretty certain that if any managers/scouts have seen his performances this season there will be no one queuing up for his signature

Never been a huge fan of his. Also nit give to the lengths to really slag him off. Just an average league 1 forward for he. Clearly benefitted last season with an extended run and we played s bit more to his strengths.

What I don’t understand is how he can look a decent/average championship striker months ago and has now plummeted to looking conference level at best for 6 months. That’s not down to inconsistency. 

People are saying playing for a contract, but you can’t just turn on and off what he did, or else why turn it off. I agree his effort appears to be lower (unacceptable), but that shouldn’t really affect his first touch, passing, finishing, heading and pretty everything else. He looks awful.

He can be a useful squad player.

There’s no denying that Atdhe is having a poor season (not many of our players have had a good season).

But some of the savage criticism in this thread is OTT and a bit out of order IMO.

He came on as a sub for the last 10 minutes yesterday, did his job and we won the game.  Anyone would think he scored an own goal, got sent off and mooned the Queen with the way some posters are flouncing off.

8 minutes ago, The Captain said:

There’s no denying that Atdhe is having a poor season (not many of our players have had a good season).

But some of the savage criticism in this thread is OTT and a bit out of order IMO.

He came on as a sub for the last 10 minutes yesterday, did his job and we won the game.  Anyone would think he scored an own goal, got sent off and mooned the Queen with the way some posters are flouncing off.

Nuhiu has always divided opinion and has haters who revel in seeing him fail.

However, yesterday we won the game in spite of him, not because he made a valuable contribution. You say he 'did his job' yesterday. I didn't realise his job was to come on, be second to every ball up to him and commit needless fouls in challenging for them, pass the ball to the opposition sloppily on numerous occasions and fall over the ball.

I've defended him in the past but this season he has been mostly useless. 

Edited by Guest

16 hours ago, The Captain said:

No he didn’t do his job 

He lost the ball every time he got it, then fell over 

Watching that video has made my blood boil, fuuucking disgraceful 

Edited by FreshOwl