Sad picture

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The same Dawson who looked solid back end of last season? Many fans on here were saying sell Westwood to ease FFP, we’ve got capable hands in Dawson and Wildsmith. But as soon as that decision turns out to not be the best, Jos is a villain? He was stubborn and should have took Dawson out the firing lane agreed, but like I said most managers stick to their principles, just look at Carlos and Dave Jones two of the most stubborn coaches we’ve had. 

And just because we’ve kept a clean sheet against 10 man Preston today with Westwood in goal, doesn’t mean we won’t concede three against Boro on Boxing Day. We were far from convincing this afternoon.

I agree his time was up, but calling his disgusting names on Twitter to act big and tough behind a screen? Grow up. You’d probably like the bloke if you had a conversation with him. 

What has he been getting called?

’dross’ is about the only comment I’ve seen, oh and ‘clueless’ too. But I think they are both quite accurate in terms of ability as a coach. 

I am also pretty certain that some of our best serving players will have zero compassion for the guy. 

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

’dross’ is about the only comment I’ve seen, oh and ‘clueless’ too. But I think they are both quite accurate in terms of ability as a coach. 

I am also pretty certain that some of our best serving players will have zero compassion for the guy. 

much much worse

some people even spelt his surname right

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The same Dawson who looked solid back end of last season? Many fans on here were saying sell Westwood to ease FFP, we’ve got capable hands in Dawson and Wildsmith. But as soon as that decision turns out to not be the best, Jos is a villain? He was stubborn and should have took Dawson out the firing lane agreed, but like I said most managers stick to their principles, just look at Carlos and Dave Jones two of the most stubborn coaches we’ve had. 

And just because we’ve kept a clean sheet against 10 man Preston today with Westwood in goal, doesn’t mean we won’t concede three against Boro on Boxing Day. We were far from convincing this afternoon.

I agree his time was up, but calling his disgusting names on Twitter to act big and tough behind a screen? Grow up. You’d probably like the bloke if you had a conversation with him. 

But neither of those two, plus Jos, combined were as stubborn as Alan 'coaching badges' Irvine.

I was relieved for him actually as, if we'd lost today with him in charge, Hillsborough would have

been a shocking place to be (even worse than normal!!!)

Today wasn't great but we needed a turning point and, with the old lads back plus Bannan to come,

it just gave everyone a bit of a lift.

Jos can go and have a nice relaxing Christmas now and yes, the Tw4tter users really need to grow up.

35 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I always had a feeling for Jos as a person. 

He just seemed such a decent bloke. 

But as a manager, I'm glad he's gone. 

Jos was never a manager. 

I keep reading on here about how Jos was a manager, he was a head coach. 

38 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

All you have to do is search Jos and c*** into twitter and it’s pretty disgusting to be honest. This period under Jos really has reminded me we’ve got quite a lot of scummy fans.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All you have to do is search Jos and c*** into twitter and it’s pretty disgusting to be honest. This period under Jos really has reminded me we’ve got quite a lot of scummy fans.

Carlos got a lot worse

despite the fact he actually gave us some good memories 

How very sad. The bloke wasn't up to the task, that's quite evident, but I'm sure he tried his best. The vitriol directed at him i'd expect from porkers, not from Wednesdayites. Things certainly have changed over the years, we were never like that previously, we were always the decent half of Sheffield, we've become infected by the tvvats from over the dark side.

Cut the bloke a bit if slack FFS and wish him well. I do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hollee Gibson, who took the photograph, said: “He was keeping a low profile and was very quiet.

...and then she snapped photos of him and made a little money (perhaps?) donating them to the Star... so much for letting a "beaten" man just leave in quiet. Since when did we even give a poo how a sacked manager leaves Sheffield?