Sad picture

6 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Why does it always boil down to money. Does anyone on here know exactly what  his pay off was. No. Thats personal between JL and club just like a redundancy/severance is for anyone else. Doesn't deserve to be treated as an outcast which unfortunately appears to be the case.

In what way? Would you expect him to have some sort of club representative sat with him at the train station to see him off OK?

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

In what way? Would you expect him to have some sort of club representative sat with him at the train station to see him off OK?

A Bugler playing last post?

I don't wish him any harm, he was probably a nice man. Just not up to the job.

Don't feel too sorry for him, he'll have more dosh from his experience that most of us will ever see.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Our fans are a disgrace at times.

Yes it was time for him to go, but the hatred towards him is not fair. 

He didn’t come here and deliberately try to lose games. You saw last week after the Swansea match that he was trying and he cared. He thought playing the likes of Dawson ahead of Westwood was a good decision for the long term health of the club. I agree with him. Westwood will be gone in the summer and Dawson needs experience. He had the clubs interests at heart. It proved to be a risky decision and his biggest mistake was sticking to his guns. Is he the first manager to be stubborn? No, and he won’t be the last.

He’s gone and I wish him well. I believe he had a long term vision for the club, but he just couldn’t implement it. Was dealt a tough hand and kept us up last season when things were looking pretty desperate under Carlos. But it went wrong and he had to go. I just won’t understand why people think it’s ok to go on social media and call him every name under the sun. Regardless of his pay package, the bloke has lost his job near Christmas. Never nice. Let’s have some humility. 

He threw Dawson in at the deep end when he clearly wasn't ready and guided us to the worst defensive record in the division. He brought some youngsters in, then dropped them randomly or played them out of position which dented their confidence.

What was his plan?  What approach did we play under him this season, what was his preferred formation? What was his preferred 11? 

I hope he has a relaxing enjoyable festive period with his family but I am glad I no longer have to watch a team led by him play.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Our fans are a disgrace at times.

Yes it was time for him to go, but the hatred towards him is not fair. 

He didn’t come here and deliberately try to lose games. You saw last week after the Swansea match that he was trying and he cared. He thought playing the likes of Dawson ahead of Westwood was a good decision for the long term health of the club. I agree with him. Westwood will be gone in the summer and Dawson needs experience. He had the clubs interests at heart. It proved to be a risky decision and his biggest mistake was sticking to his guns. Is he the first manager to be stubborn? No, and he won’t be the last.

He’s gone and I wish him well. I believe he had a long term vision for the club, but he just couldn’t implement it. Was dealt a tough hand and kept us up last season when things were looking pretty desperate under Carlos. But it went wrong and he had to go. I just won’t understand why people think it’s ok to go on social media and call him every name under the sun. Regardless of his pay package, the bloke has lost his job near Christmas. Never nice. Let’s have some humility. 

I lost my job near Christmas once. Got FA. Company went bust.

It's not nice, I agree, but a wedge to keep you warm softens the blow somewhat.

Good Luck to him, we move on.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

What was his plan?  What approach did we play under him this season, what was his preferred formation? What was his preferred 11? 

What we often forget that he really didn't have much resources to work with. He got just Joey in and two loans but didn't have the chance to rebuild. He took a risk and tried that with the kids but they're not ready yet. But he could have pulled it off, in this case that just didn't work but fizzled on his face. The next man has the same problem in his hands.

Let's face it - the club has bigger issues than one single manager.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He threw Dawson in at the deep end when he clearly wasn't ready and guided us to the worst defensive record in the division. He brought some youngsters in, then dropped them randomly or played them out of position which dented their confidence.

I hope he has a relaxing enjoyable festive period with his family but I am glad I no longer have to watch a team led by him play.

The same Dawson who looked solid back end of last season? Many fans on here were saying sell Westwood to ease FFP, we’ve got capable hands in Dawson and Wildsmith. But as soon as that decision turns out to not be the best, Jos is a villain? He was stubborn and should have took Dawson out the firing lane agreed, but like I said most managers stick to their principles, just look at Carlos and Dave Jones two of the most stubborn coaches we’ve had. 

And just because we’ve kept a clean sheet against 10 man Preston today with Westwood in goal, doesn’t mean we won’t concede three against Boro on Boxing Day. We were far from convincing this afternoon.

I agree his time was up, but calling his disgusting names on Twitter to act big and tough behind a screen? Grow up. You’d probably like the bloke if you had a conversation with him. 

1 minute ago, FinnishOwl said:

What we often forget that he really didn't have much resources to work with. He got just Joey in and two loans but didn't have the chance to rebuild. He took a risk and tried that with the kids but they're not ready yet. But he could have pulled it off, in this case that just didn't work but fizzled on his face. The next man has the same problem in his hands.

Let's face it - the club has bigger issues than one single manager.

Spot on mate.

30 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I would also be very interested to hear the full and true story of how he ended up making a good start last season to having such a mare this season. 

that's a bit of a myth

his starting record was (his first 10 games in charge)

1 win in 10 games and we conceded 16 goals during that time

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The same Dawson who looked solid back end of last season? Many fans on here were saying sell Westwood to ease FFP, we’ve got capable hands in Dawson and Wildsmith. But as soon as that decision turns out to not be the best, Jos is a villain? He was stubborn and should have took Dawson out the firing lane agreed, but like I said most managers stick to their principles, just look at Carlos and Dave Jones two of the most stubborn coaches we’ve had. 

And just because we’ve kept a clean sheet against 10 man Preston today with Westwood in goal, doesn’t mean we won’t concede three against Boro on Boxing Day. We were far from convincing this afternoon.

I agree his time was up, but calling his disgusting names on Twitter to act big and tough behind a screen? Grow up. You’d probably like the bloke if you had a conversation with him. 

I've not called anyone any disgusting names and things like that always come from a vocal minority who will have a new target to aim at every other week. Best just to ignore them and debate his time with us based on the facts.

43 minutes ago, Marine13 said:

Although i definitely wanted JL out of wednesday i think its a sad picture seeing him sat on his own at sheffield train station ..for all his efforts you'd have thought the club would drive him to where he needed to be, being a foreigner in a different country , just my thoughts.

He was with a woman.

Dont really have any pity for him, the modern world is the modern world. It helps to research the job your going into and jos always seemed hopelessly naive to me particularly his media comments over the last few weeks. Its like he'd popped down local Dutch recruitment agency looking for work and was told all factory jobs were gone and so reluctantly ended up at hillsborough.

Football mangement and football in general can be brutal particularly in the modern social media age, its no good whining about it, it is what it is, thats why you get paid the big bucks.

A couple of years from now steve bruce will be the worst manager who ever graced hillsborough and will be getting dogs abuse, the difference is he knows what hes in for and can take it.