Onomah

Very good against West Brom, decent after a very poor start against Swansea and extremely harshly hooked/attacked by Jos. Yesterday I'd give him an ever so slightly generous 7/10, started off slow again and did gift the ball a couple of times leaving us vulnerable but grew into the game and overall was decent. I'd prefer him higher up the pitch where he can hurt the opponent without the risk of him hurting us by giving the ball away in dangerous areas, does look very short on confidence so I'd love to see what a confident Onomah could give us.

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yesterday was the best I have seen of him.  Probably relieved Jos has gone after being hung out to dry by his last week.

Just out of curiosity, did you see the West Brom game? For me he was so much better in that one.

23 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yes, I did.

Can’t recall his performance to be fair. I remember thinking it was Pelupessy’s best game (until he didn’t take Barnes out as he went on to equalise).

If you want to watch it back I think I have that one ;)

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I think he had actually picked up a knock though in that game and it was a great performance that night.

Yeah he had to go off that wasn't the problem but Thorniley was probably a better sub option with Hector moved into DM for example.

53 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

If you want to watch it back I think I have that one ;)

Yeah he had to go off that wasn't the problem but Thorniley was probably a better sub option with Hector moved into DM for example.

Think the biggest issue was who they brought on - Milner.