Onomah

Just his positioning alone helps the team. Plays a lot higher up than Bannan which means we can press the opposition higher up. 

For me Bannan has to play further forward. Plus Hector showed today he can ping the ball 40 yard if needed so Bannan doesn’t have to drop so deep.

2 hours ago, agentwalker said:

There's a player in the but his thinking is too slow at the moment. Gets into some great positions then takes an age to decide his next move.

Probably just needs more game time in a settled team. Some good touches today.

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Loosely related. Playing Football Manager 2019 and I’m in the summer of 2023. I’m in charge of SWFC and Onomah is still at the club as a left-sided Inside Forward. Turned into a quality player. 

Get yourself a girlfriend. 

Very similar today as he was last week.  Sticky start, bit nervous and trying a bit too hard but more than decent when he settled.

I was shocked he wasn't subbed last week due to injury and more shocked by Jos' comments afterwards.  Joey plays a much bigger part with him rather than BB playing there and the side looked more balanced again as last week.

I thought he brought some energy and bustle to midfield.  Also not afraid to run with the ball.  His decision making needs to improve but I think the problem there is that he's not sure of his role in a team that's chopped and changed formation and personnel a lot recently. 

Just a thought but with Jos being such a disciplinarian as shown by the Westwood and Hutchinson situation maybe he gave players specific roles to play and if they didn't he'd come down on them like a ton of bricks. Now he's gone maybe players like Onomah can play a more expressive expansive game and one they are used to. People have been saying he's lazy and does nothing but from what I saw yesterday he was anything but. Making runs and attacking defenders for one.

Edited by darra

Thought he had a good game, grew into it...The substitution came at a time when I thought he was showing more and more promise, looked threatening, hassled the defence into rushed clearances, I can understand the reason for bringing Hutch on, to bolster the midfield a bit...but I felt a bit sorry for Onomah when he was taken off