Prestons fans forum

4 minutes ago, geriatricowl said:

Why do some fans think that if you win the ball it can't be a foul. Doesn't matter how you do it even if you go in with all studs showing break a players leg, as long as you win the ball that's okay. Some fans really are stupid !!

I agree with you...was a red all day long was endangering an apponent

2 minutes ago, Jos’s Tache said:

If that isn’t a two footed challenge I’m not sure what is.

97E68604-CDDA-4A0D-A235-2E2FE9587EC9.png

It's a legbreaker and the way he swings his foot up at it implies he meant to break it.

I'd do him for assault with intention to harm if I was matias. Needs knocking doen a peg or 3 the cheating fool.

I hope they do appeal it then the cheating dirty scrubber will maybe get an extra match for a frivolous appeal 

So many on there showing total ignorance of the laws endangering the player with both feet up studs showing is a red card all day long 

I was impressed by the red card

Because he actually makes a really good challenge... then seems to actually alter his followthrough, if anything, to scissor Matias above the knee with both feet? Not sure I've ever seen such a blatant adaption to inflict injury on another player before. Got exactly what he deserved... bizarre he did it.

9 minutes ago, geriatricowl said:

Why do some fans think that if you win the ball it can't be a foul. Doesn't matter how you do it even if you go in with all studs showing break a players leg, as long as you win the ball that's okay. Some fans really are stupid !!

Keith Hackett explained the subtle change to the laws when he was on FH 

If you endanger the opponent ,and no can say Pearson didn't endanger Matias , its a straight red card irregardless of contact 

It was a red all day long -

If any of the ignorant Preston fans (or indeed our own) want to read the laws of the game before venturing a witless uninformed opinion based on some vague notion that "he took the ball" then the best starting place is Law 12 Fouls and Misconduct.

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:

• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
  • serious foul play
  • biting or spitting at someone
  • violent conduct
  • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  • receiving a second caution in the same match
  • entering the video operation room (VOR)

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Its not rocket science.

If they seriously believe that was not endangering the safety of an opponent then I give up.

Mind you  for the 20 or so minutes after the red they also seemed to be testing whether they could defy the laws of physics by throwing themselves to the floor just to see if gravity does exist...

Thank God we had a Ref who for once didn't get taken in by them

• Like 1

Wasn't sure about the red on first seeing it from the north, but no doubt at all since. I honestly thought the ref was poor for both teams & could easily have booked Fletch a few minutes before Pearson walked.

The linesman on our side was poor too. Missed a blatant offside near the end cos he was too slow & always waited for the ref to give a throw decision before deciding himself. Strange.

Ben Pearson is turning into a liability and makes Hutchinson seem sensible. 

Theyve got away with murder against us before, especially him, and played refs like fiddles. Glad they got something back today. 

That tackle was horrendous and lost them any chance of winning the game 

1 hour ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

It was a red all day long -

If any of the ignorant Preston fans (or indeed our own) want to read the laws of the game before venturing a witless uninformed opinion based on some vague notion that "he took the ball" then the best starting place is Law 12 Fouls and Misconduct.

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:

• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
  • serious foul play
  • biting or spitting at someone
  • violent conduct
  • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  • receiving a second caution in the same match
  • entering the video operation room (VOR)

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Its not rocket science.

If they seriously believe that was not endangering the safety of an opponent then I give up.

Mind you  for the 20 or so minutes after the red they also seemed to be testing whether they could defy the laws of physics by throwing themselves to the floor just to see if gravity does exist...

Thank God we had a Ref who for once didn't get taken in by them

Well said.

If I was a preston supporter, I would be more worried about the play acting.  

They are paid to play football, not act like a bunch oftossers,