Westwood Clean Sheet

8 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Westwood returns after being away for over 12 month and you’re ecstatic with his performance against a 10 man Preston who were very very poor.

Plus your enjoyment of ridiculing Cameron Dawson is pathetic.. 

Cameron Dawson is not to blame for our poor season.

Finally let’s see how your precious Westwood stands up to brutal assaults he can expect from Boro, WBA and Birmingham,.

He hasn't ridiculed Dawson in this thread, in fact he has said he is a good prospect who will hopefully have a successful future with us. All he has said is Westwood is the best we have and should have been playing and some were insistent on backing the managers decision when it was clear it wasn't doing the team or either keeper any good.

The last sentence almost reads as if you are hoping Westwood fails in those games?!

Edited by Guest

What went off with Jos?

He was a random, but exactly what we needed last season. A bit boring but whatever.

I expected the same this season.

The defense was a shambles. He changed it every week. 

Lost his mind.

10 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Westwood returns after being away for over 12 month and you’re ecstatic with his performance against a 10 man Preston who were very very poor.

Plus your enjoyment of ridiculing Cameron Dawson is pathetic.. 

Cameron Dawson is not to blame for our poor season.

Finally let’s see how your precious Westwood stands up to brutal assaults he can expect from Boro, WBA and Birmingham,.

He’s not ridiculed Dawson in this thread. He’s actually pointed out Dawson is the future of SWFC. 

Our handling of Westwood, Hutchinson and the other senior pro’s has been absolutely ridiculous. No excuses!

Certainly one of the best keepers we have had in my many years watching Wednesday.

Absolutely Delighted he's back.

Dawson has Avery bright future and can learn a lot from KW

It really shows up that Jo's was stubborn for some reason cutting his nose off to spite his face

Hopefully our frozen players will be back with a point to prove under Bruce

The futures suddenly looking a lot brighter

3 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

the experience was there and it was needed  I saw a vid earlier where westwood was berating the defence and like it or not I feel that is what was missing , Lees needs that word in his ear and he will respond  better

No surprise really today that Lees and Hector looked more assured why Westwood behind them.

Dawson like Wildsmith last season looked assured at first, but as often happens with young keepers pitched in too soon, both started making mistakes that cost points.

All these promising youngsters need to be introduced gradually and carefully. Only Jos’s stubbornness was preventing  this happening and he paid the price.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

But he's our third best keeper. We must trust Jos.

At least 4 regular posters on here posted this shiite.

Unbelievable.

How about your ‘DC banning him from playing’

Is that also shiite now? Just wanna make sure I know which gospel we should be believing next

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

How about your ‘DC banning him from playing’

Is that also shiite now? Just wanna make sure I know which gospel we should be believing next

you sound a bit unhappy that Westwood has come in, organised the defence and kept a clean sheet

Just now, Dot said:

you sound a bit unhappy that Westwood has come in, organised the defence and kept a clean sheet

Not at all. Delighted

Should have been playing every game that he was fit

Just making a point about one post huaranguing other ones for believing one myth whilst he was peddling another that’s also been disproven.

Just all a bit ironic, that’s all.

1 hour ago, NYCOWL said:

What went off with Jos?

He was a random, but exactly what we needed last season. A bit boring but whatever.

I expected the same this season.

The defense was a shambles. He changed it every week. 

Lost his mind.

Yeah I didn’t see this coming after the end of last season.

Thought he was a steady pair of hands that would do a similar job Stuart Gray did for us. 

Since the Boro game he completely lost it.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Just now, McRightSide said:

Not at all. Delighted

Should have been playing every game that he was fit

Just making a point about one post huaranguing other ones for believing one myth whilst he was peddling another that’s also been disproven.

Just all a bit ironic, that’s all.

everyone knows Farrel is owstalks biggest troll

I'd just ignore him (like most do) and stick to the topic though

Westwood did the things today that Dawson hasn't been doing, coming out for the ball....talking to his defence etc

You could see the difference that Westwood made that set the tone within the first minute. Preston had a throw in just inside our half and kw was just inside our box shouting and positioning the entire back 4. Never seen Dawson do that once yet, that's one of the vital differences.

Its all ifs and buts

but I honestly think we would have conceded 2 goals today with Dawson in the net, not through shots not being saved but from decision making

the young keepers would learn so much from a keeper like Westwood in training but have been denied this opportunity