Westwood Clean Sheet

2 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

I’m trying to work out if this thread is more about how poor Dawson is, and not about how good Westwood is. If Westwood was injured and Dawson came back and did well would he still be the target of the negativos?

On the contrary i dont think dawson is poor he got a raw deal by player mis management bad tactics and poor defending

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

1 game in, clean sheet, solid, organised, defence in front of him. 

Enough said.

Goodbye Jos

Stoppit 

We all know Westwood is the best keeper at the club but i could have kept a clean sheet against Preston today 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

The real issue here ... is that so many called the owner a liar and claimed he was preventing Westwood from playing 

And people are now running, hiding and making excuses to not admit they were wrong 

Pathetic 

I never called him I liar. I felt the situation needed clearing up and it took until the forum on Wednesday to get a definitive answer. The fact it was solely the decision of the manager to have him as 3rd choice further points to him needing to be relieved of his duties by the owner much earlier than yesterday.

17 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I rate Westwood and was happy to see him back.  However, tbf he had nowt to do.

The sending off clearly helped in that respect but prior to that the first half hour was assured as we have looked defensively for a long time. That's not just coincidence. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The sending off clearly helped in that respect but prior to that the first half hour was assured as we have looked defensively for a long time. That's not just coincidence. 

You're  probably right.  We've missed his organisational skills all season.  Long may it continue.

Anyone making judgement of our keeper, either incoming or outgoing, on today's game is just point scoring, nothing more

The fact is anyone of our squad could have gone in the net today and kept a clean sheet (perhaps excluding Nuhiu and Fox)

Preston made very little attempt to leave their own half.......the next two games will be th time to make a judgement

• Like 1

Dawson will be fine

Wish people would stop being dramatic..he always looked like he was enjoying playing and probably knew kw is better overall.  No need to abuse him or jos, attack other fans or say told you so..that just comes across as petty. Why make it personal..its happened

Dawson will be our second gk or go out on loan and he'll be fine in the short term and probably ready for a break

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sam1 said:

2 clean sheets in 22 games at 23 year old is disgraceful, this blind loyalty to useless players has to end if we are to go anywhere.

Ok Gordon, let's see how good your football knowledge is

How many clean sheets in the first 22 games of last season would you say Westwood kept?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Anyone making judgement of our keeper, either incoming or outgoing, on today's game is just point scoring, nothing more

The fact is anyone of our squad could have gone in the net today and kept a clean sheet (perhaps excluding Nuhiu and Fox)

Preston made very little attempt to leave their own half.......the next two games will be th time to make a judgement

It's not point-scoring at all. Preston have been on good form of late but don't keep that many clean sheets. I doubt the game plan was to come here for a 0-0. The sending off made a difference but the first half-hour was a more assured defensive performance than we are used to seeing and the experience of the keeper in leading and organising and making others feel more confident will have helped that cause.

I have nothing against Dawson and hope he plays well for us for years to come but how many times had he played competitively at this level before becoming our first choice for a manager who was seemingly incapable of picking a settled defence in front of him? Poor management of a young keeper and poor use of the resources at his disposal.