Westwood Clean Sheet

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Disagree. I think he should be here for a while and either him or Wildsmith will be our long term future no1.

I think that's it ended for him here now though unfortunately. Why would he want to play for the fans which cheered his demise?

Shame.

Don't be a muppet, no one cheered his demise, he was being picked in front of a better keeper, It's the managers fault.

Cam Dawson knows that Westwood should have been playing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Disagree. I think he should be here for a while and either him or Wildsmith will be our long term future no1.

I think that's it ended for him here now though unfortunately. Why would he want to play for the fans which cheered his demise?

Shame.

I will agree to disagree with you, they didn’t cheer his demise, they were piSSed that the best goal keeper in the Championship was frozen out.

30 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

There are a lot of morons on this site who just defend everything that the club do.

Freezing out Westwood is probably the worst footballing decision in recent memory. Complete and utter nonsense. He’s been our player of the year, made the PFA team and also has broken 2 clean sheet records. 

Love to hear some of them still try and blag he's our third best keeper.

They know who they are.

39 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Of course.  Massive fan of westwood and totally against the situation this season with Dawson being first choice but he didnt have much to do against 10 men for 65 mins.

He will have tougher tests but we played as a unit today in a stop/start game.  Honestly the only time we  threatened was when Nuhiu came on.

Not sure about the last point.

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

As stated. It was pretty obvious. 

God knows what Jos and the Chairman were thinking.

Quite right. The Chairman is culpable as well. I understand that he’s leaving footballing decisions to the Manager. That is normal but this isn’t a normal scenario. It’s about freezing out 5 senior pro’s who is costing the chairman £6m a year in wages. 2 of those players happen to be key players for us and also our best leaders. Chansiri should’ve stepped in and demanded this. A stronger chairman would have done it.

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Quite right. The Chairman is culpable as well. I understand that he’s leaving footballing decisions to the Manager. That is normal but this isn’t a normal scenario. It’s about freezing out 5 senior pro’s who is costing the chairman £6m a year in wages. 2 of those players happen to be key players for us and also our best leaders. Chansiri should’ve stepped in and demanded this. A stronger chairman would have done it.

Spot on.

If DC is staying, then he needs to lead properly.

Goalkeeping isn't just about making saves

twice today Westwood came running out to get a long ball

Dawson would have come out then gone back allowing the attacking player to reach it and (probably) score

Westwood inspires confidence in the defence

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on.

If DC is staying, then he needs to lead properly.

Now would be a good time to leave off the chairman, if he gets involved he's wrong, if he stays out of it he's wrong.

With a change of manager and hopefully it's Steve Bruce, that experienced manager will help Mr C.

The digs aimed at the chairman now is achieving nothing.

27 minutes ago, newbster said:

Bit harsh...but i do think he needs to.cintinue developing maybe on loan somewhere

Who better to learn from than Westwood, which then poses the question of what's Weaver been doing to earn his money ?

Whilst I don't doubt Dawsons shot stopping ability, I've not seen any improvement on area and defence management, the part of his game that is weak at the moment.

I don't see going out on loan will improve that and given Westwoods injury issues, we need him here.

Long term I would be looking at Westwood as goalkeeping player coach.

I know it smacks fo “we told you so”...but WTF was Jos playing at relegating the league’s top ‘keeper to third best in the squad. I blanch at the thought of how many points we have just thrown away through this sanctimonious attitude of Jos’. We were once 6th in the league (briefly) and could have stayed there if we’d ground out a few more results...it makes me so flippin angry mad:mad: