Westwood Clean Sheet

It hasn't helped anyone least of all Dawson playing every week while we've been in the form that we have been. What we need now is experience and I think this showed today in both the result and the way that we played. On to Middlesborough now.

13 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

When he came and collected the ball in the 85th showed everything we have been missing this season in goal. Whether it is due to Dawson’s ability or experience he just wouldn’t have come out for it like Westy did. 15 points a season Westwood has earned us for the last few seasons.

He certainly used to earn the club 12-15 points per season. He was like that from his time at Coventry.

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

What are you on about... come on, your an intelligent bloke and clearly a great supporter of the club 

Don’t be having a go at fellow supporters backing up a very good prospect in Cameron Dawson, for whatever reason Jos made his decisions Cam Dawson is a great prospect and deserved our support 

Damaging the club is all this social media abuse nonsense, not that 

I back Dawson as do many others.

We just never bought the shiite that an experienced International keeper was our genuine third choice.

Bully clearly agrees.

Dawson needs a spell on the sidelines and we need to play our strongest side. If Dawson is good enough he will come again if not then he falls by the wayside. No room for sentiment if you want to be successful in this league. The manager seemed to have a problem with certain players playing for him no matter how good they were.

Kin ell..we no doubt would be in the top 6 if he'd played all season.

Not fair at all on Dawson or maybe he should have said to Jos, err boss don't pick me, cos it's my fault we look like relegation fodder...all the defence goes to pieces cos of me and play like tw@ts

Edited by sherlyegg

9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Felt sorry for Dawson today though.

Think his Wednesday career is over which is a shame as he's a good keeper.

In fact his confidence must be so badly broken that it may finish his career already.

Absolute nonsense, he has had a fair crack of the whip and will learn from it, he is probably relieved to get a break from the pressure he has been under week after week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Kin ell..we no doubt would be in the top 6 if he'd played all season.

Not fair at all on Dawson or maybe he should have said to Jos, err boss don't pick me, cos it's my fault we look like relegation fodder...all the defence goes to pieces cos of me and play tw@ts

I don't think anyone believes that.

We would have been higher in the league had the manager selected his best 11 is the sentiment.

2 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

Absolute nonsense, he has had a fair crack of the whip and will learn from it, he is probably relieved to get a break from the pressure he has been under week after week.

Disagree mate. Think he'll be happy for the experience of course. But I think he's had it for playing for us ever again for more than 3 or 4 games.

Shame.

The real issue here ... is that so many called the owner a liar and claimed he was preventing Westwood from playing 

And people are now running, hiding and making excuses to not admit they were wrong 

Pathetic 

Dawson will be fine, he’s a well grounded lad.

Deserves a break and has a good career ahead of him.

Westwood will still probably go at the end of the season, but should’ve been playing all this season while he was here, fitness allowing.

Only the manager couldn’t see it. If he was such a visionary, he would’ve anticipated his inevitable departure as a result of keeping experienced pros out. I can only assume he was having a mid-tache crisis.

This isn’t anything against Dawson or Wildsmith for that matter. I highly rate them both and they are the future of SWFC.

However, Westwood should have definitely been our first choice this season

and we could have brought Dawson in when injuries occur and in cup games. We could have damaged Dawson as he’s been playing in a team which is lacking confidence. With Chansiri coming out at the beginning of the season demanding promotion and you have your experienced and elite keeper on the bench is completely barmy.

14 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Westwood getting his rightful spot back is no criticism of our great young prospect Dawson.

It is a criticism of clueless Jos and the fans and Chairman who backed the idiotic third choice Westwood scenario.

I'm backing Dawson as our future.

You're not though, are you. 

Got more faces than a town clock, you snidey f*ckwit.

Keep stirring the pot. 

There's enough people on here blind to what you are and will lap it up. 

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Disagree mate. Think he'll be happy for the experience of course. But I think he's had it for playing for us ever again for more than 3 or 4 games.

Shame.

Baffling, if that was the case why wasn’t Wildsmith No2 today, Dawson is a young man and has had valuble experience this season, his career with Wednesday is just beginning ffs!

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The real issue here ... is that so many called the owner a liar and claimed he was preventing Westwood from playing 

And people are now running, hiding and making excuses to not admit they were wrong 

Pathetic 

Totally agree, Things stated as facts on here about his contract and anyone dared to question was treated as stupid.

Happy to debate with anyone but the self righteous have had their fingers burnt on this one. 

2 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

Baffling, if that was the case why wasn’t Wildsmith No2 today, Dawson is a young man and has had valuble experience this season, his career with Wednesday is just beginning ffs!

Disagree. I think he should be here for a while and either him or Wildsmith will be our long term future no1.

I think that's it ended for him here now though unfortunately. Why would he want to play for the fans which cheered his demise?

Shame.