Is Steve Bruce the answer

Hope this comes off, compared to when we appointed Carlos and Jos someone like Bruce who knows the championship inside out, has a very good promotion record, is English and is a name everyone knows is everything the majority of the fanbase wanted. Also I think players will want to play for Bruce and we may be able to attract some decent loan signings because of his name. I still have doubts if he will agree to come here but personally I hope he does and it is announced ASAP. 

Let’s not forget that Bruce always seems to attract top players too.

Dugarry to Birmingham, Terry to Villa, the Hull team was full of good players. I think he may get better out of Fernando too. He’s not afraid to have Mavericks in his teams.

Let’s hope he has some money to spend I January and then it could be a good 5 months to come 

21 hours ago, torres said:

Ask the fans of all his previous clubs 

He gets pelters from all of them. 

Scouring past reports on all his tenures he doesn’t get great press from any of them. Which is alarming to say he has promotions on his CV. 

For me he wouldn’t be the right appointment for the following reasons,

Never thought he’s done a good job, all been par for the course or worse 

Feel he’s in the Mark Hughes, Bryan Robson, Paul Ince bracket - good contacts, well known but not going to ever push a team on 

Does he have the fire, ambition, desire to take us on? (Fact he’s having a holiday first doesn’t fill me with confidence on his desire)

A lot of money to entice him. 

“Never thought he’s done a good job” ?

Were you thinking that at Wembley when his team outmuscled us in the playoff final ?

22 hours ago, torres said:

Ask the fans of all his previous clubs 

He gets pelters from all of them. 

Scouring past reports on all his tenures he doesn’t get great press from any of them. Which is alarming to say he has promotions on his CV. 

For me he wouldn’t be the right appointment for the following reasons,

Never thought he’s done a good job, all been par for the course or worse 

Feel he’s in the Mark Hughes, Bryan Robson, Paul Ince bracket - good contacts, well known but not going to ever push a team on 

Does he have the fire, ambition, desire to take us on? (Fact he’s having a holiday first doesn’t fill me with confidence on his desire)

A lot of money to entice him. 

You do realize he's lost BOTH his parents this year and understandably wants to spend this Christmas with his family? Hardly a hanging offense that is it pal?

Just now, stevie snerklebox said:

You do realize he's lost BOTH his parents this year and understandably wants to spend this Christmas with his family? Hardly a hanging offense that is it pal?

Completely agree. He’s a good guy is Bruce as well. Very straight talking and decent bloke. We should all get behind him when he comes in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Yep, I think some forget managers/ players etc are human beings too!

Have a lovely Christmas Owlstalk :)

• Like 1

Well we need a british manager with experience and promotions from this league according to the owlstalk massive. He ticks that box. 

As as for his “ failing “ at Villa. Weren’t they in a relegation battle when he took over. Took them to the play off final and left with a 45pc win rate. A ration only bettered by three Wednesday managers. 

as For him being a cheque book manager I believe he made a net profit at villa and spent a relatively small amount to take hull up. 

He will I’ll do for me. With yesterday’s team, FF bannan winall hooper and fingers crossed KL to come back I would say we are two full backs short of being a decent side.  For once we will have a manager that will see where the problems are and address them. I think we will also see a settled side and formation within a few months. 

His track record is great......   all this about villa, but he got them to the play off final last year !

I think we'd all be pretty happy with that after the last few months.

I'm quite excited by it now. We still have a bloody good squad and it will be interesting to see how he gets the best out of westy, hutch, FF, fletch, onomah, hector, Lee's, reach, Brannon etc Plus the thought of Hooper and Lee being added and developing a good crop of youngsters would be brilliant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

“Never thought he’s done a good job” ?

Were you thinking that at Wembley when his team outmuscled us in the playoff final ?

They had the one of If not the best team in the league, having come down. I felt the same when Newcastle went up. Benitez did what was par for the course. 

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Well we need a british manager with experience and promotions from this league according to the owlstalk massive. He ticks that box. 

As as for his “ failing “ at Villa. Weren’t they in a relegation battle when he took over. Took them to the play off final and left with a 45pc win rate. A ration only bettered by three Wednesday managers. 

as For him being a cheque book manager I believe he made a net profit at villa and spent a relatively small amount to take hull up. 

He will I’ll do for me. With yesterday’s team, FF bannan winall hooper and fingers crossed KL to come back I would say we are two full backs short of being a decent side.  For once we will have a manager that will see where the problems are and address them. I think we will also see a settled side and formation within a few months. 

Net profit at villa, are you sure?

7 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

His track record is great......   all this about villa, but he got them to the play off final last year !

I think we'd all be pretty happy with that after the last few months.

I'm quite excited by it now. We still have a bloody good squad and it will be interesting to see how he gets the best out of westy, hutch, FF, fletch, onomah, hector, Lee's, reach, Brannon etc Plus the thought of Hooper and Lee being added and developing a good crop of youngsters would be brilliant

We dont have a good squad. We have an unbalanced injury riddled squad with aboutb dozen of those leaving post season, some maybe sooner

He is certainly more of an answer than the previous two managers we have had. He knows people and always managers to get top players on loan. He had a difficult time at Villa probably due to Birmingham stint and he had difficult personal issues as well to contend with. The owner was crackers and clearly did not help and Villa had been in sharp decline and looked to be heading for league 1. He did manage to reach play off final last year which stopped the rot.

Think we all have someone we would have liked in post (for me I thought Gary Monk would do a job doing marvellous job at Birmingham with limited resources) but Bruce is definitely acceptable to me and will support his tenure 100%

Time to give grumbles a rest and get on board with new man.

Like all managers it'll come down to timing. Will he be the right man at the right time. Proof will be in the pudding. 

He's certainly got experience of this division though and a rounded knowledge of the league so that means he's not starting behind from the off.

Suspect he's going to have some very big decisions to make. 

With our financial situation I suspect some of them won't be popular.

He'll just have to win games.