Is Steve Bruce the answer

Guest Hirst1867

Hopefully he'll come in, wheel and deal, sell players and bring in loans and save the club from an embargo at the end of the season, while keeping us up

That will represent a HUGE success.

Then we go again in the summer with a proper manager who knows the division as well as anybody. This appointment has more potential than virtually any other I can think of.

31 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

I see your point, Bruce is certainly not a risk but his strategy to success isn't cheap...my only worry would be FFP limiting us to how much we could spend if anything at all?

There is no point bringing in an expensive, top tier manager like Bruce if we don't have atleast some money for him to spend...

I'm sure Bruce and others could all get more out of our current squad than Jos did, but theres no denying we simply have to make some signings in certain areas, LB,RB and CM in particular...theres only so much he could do with some of the players in the current squad.

Agree and Bruce is savvy enough to know what he's coming to.

Already sent his wing men today to look at what he has to work with.

Has to be a step forward from where we were.

I’ll be happy with Bruce. Can’t see Bruce putting up with advisors’ suggestions regarding transfers. Cant see him thinking we don’t need two new full backs (which previous two managers haven’t addressed). Can’t see him thinking Westwood is 3rd choice keeper. He knows the league and has good contacts. We won’t attract anyone better. Also, and most importantly, his appointment would suggest Chansiri may be willing to change approach. So, yes!

8 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Can remember similar threads. Some from earlier this morning.

:laugh: I think he'll sort you out like he did at the Blues. He's got to get walking before you can run. If it bruce give him 18 months to sort it and then a season to get you up

8 hours ago, PopePiusX said:

Bruce would be a slightly uninspiring but not terrible choice. There was an awful lot of nonsense at Villa and I suspect his position there became untenable, but his record is OK.

His record is excellent. The only better realisitic option is Dean Smith and he isn't coming. Bruce is a level above McCarthy, and the Empire State building above Jos, and exactly what we need. 

Just now, Baggiehy said:

:laugh: I think he'll sort you out like he did at the Blues. He's got to get walking before you can run. If it bruce give him 18 months to sort it and then a season to get you up

Hope so mate. Last two managers haven’t been up to standard. 

They were picked from an on-line catalogue in the sale section.

Not entirely sure if our owner got a buy one, get one free deal and kept the last one back until needed.

2 hours ago, marcx666 said:

If the question is "dinosaur manager, who can only work after spending millions, and even then only occasionally, who tactically is in the 90s and whose previous clubs fans hate him", then the answer is yes, he is the answer lol

A big fan of his then.

lol

9 hours ago, crookesowl said:

I’m really not convinced. Many think he is past it, and hasn’t adapted to the modern game. 

Allegedly prepared Villa against our main threat (Forestieri) who was suspended. Doesn’t do tactics. Gets older players in on high wages. Hoofball. His record is ok in places, but not amazing. 

I will of course support whoever comes in, and would prefer Bruce over some unknown entity from Europe, but I can’t help but think there are better options...

I understand your concern, I am also unsure. However it makes far more sense than the last 2 appointments. Would you have picked them above Bruce in an interview process.