Is Steve Bruce the answer

Bruce will put an end to a recent recruitment policy and put some good football foundations in for how the chairman approaches supporting football matters 

he won’t be a yes man, an end to maybe who advises chansiri linking players to this club maybe I’m meaning this doyen or who ever advises him 

for this reason alone Bruce will be an amazing appointment 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

Welcome to swfc Robert Snodgrass

Would love him here 

I’d be loving us having something down the flanks again 

even that full back who’s getting on know who Bruce loves to sign 

pace and dangerous 

Those who question his time at Villa, living in the area as I do, can say that at the end, yes he lost the fans but there was also a great deal of sympathy for his situation. Villa had a huge buy out after falling foul of FFP (sound familiar but boot on the other foot). He also lost both his parents in a short space of time after reaching the play off final. He has reported he wants to spend this Christmas with his immediate family, which is understandable given he will be EXTREMELY busy post Christmas trying to sort out the squad. 

Give the guy a chance, just as long as he doesn't refer to us a Sheffield in any interviews. He would go down better if he said it's nice to now be joining the bigger team in the city!!! 

2 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Those who question his time at Villa, living in the area as I do, can say that at the end, yes he lost the fans but there was also a great deal of sympathy for his situation. Villa had a huge buy out after falling foul of FFP (sound familiar but boot on the other foot). He also lost both his parents in a short space of time after reaching the play off final. He has reported he wants to spend this Christmas with his immediate family, which is understandable given he will be EXTREMELY busy post Christmas trying to sort out the squad. 

Give the guy a chance, just as long as he doesn't refer to us a Sheffield in any interviews. He would go down better if he said it's nice to now be joining the bigger team in the city!!! 

Although we have a tendency to talk the club down we have fantastic potential with the right manager.

Wembley demonstrated this.

With SB at this stage in his life/career it can no longer be about money.

Its about about the challenge of winning promotion.

He has a track record better than most in this division and I for one think he'd make a very solid appointment.

Just wonder what some fans think our club is? Real Madrid or Man City?

We're a middle of the table team floundering under the guidance of a dopey Dutch dwarf who has now gone.

Bruce would seem the best of the options out there, forget ex players who couldn't manage in the Dog & Duck league, previous managers who were too quick to blame everyone else.

The only other options you could look at are Holloway, Jokanavic etc.

Spoke to a mate who is a Villa fan and the issue with some of them is just that he managed Brum City, bit like us appointing an ex Pig manmager [which Bruce is]

5 hours ago, crookesowl said:

I’m really not convinced. Many think he is past it, and hasn’t adapted to the modern game. 

Allegedly prepared Villa against our main threat (Forestieri) who was suspended. Doesn’t do tactics. Gets older players in on high wages. Hoofball. His record is ok in places, but not amazing. 

I will of course support whoever comes in, and would prefer Bruce over some unknown entity from Europe, but I can’t help but think there are better options...

I see your point, Bruce is certainly not a risk but his strategy to success isn't cheap...my only worry would be FFP limiting us to how much we could spend if anything at all?

There is no point bringing in an expensive, top tier manager like Bruce if we don't have atleast some money for him to spend...

I'm sure Bruce and others could all get more out of our current squad than Jos did, but theres no denying we simply have to make some signings in certain areas, LB,RB and CM in particular...theres only so much he could do with some of the players in the current squad.

Could work.

Could also not work.

Like any managerial appointment...so let’s just see rather than go into this negatively. 

Mourinho had all the success football brings to you and fell flat at United.

CC was an unknown and came here and VERY nearly took us up.

Bruce is no mug and knows how to get out of this league. But first and foremost I just want him to come in and make Wednesday a happier place for players and fans to be around again. Steer us into a respectable finish and see what next season brings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, crookesowl said:

I’m really not convinced. Many think he is past it, and hasn’t adapted to the modern game. 

Allegedly prepared Villa against our main threat (Forestieri) who was suspended. Doesn’t do tactics. Gets older players in on high wages. Hoofball. His record is ok in places, but not amazing. 

I will of course support whoever comes in, and would prefer Bruce over some unknown entity from Europe, but I can’t help but think there are better options...

Doesn't do tactics?  

Had our number all day at Wembley.  Made CC look out of his depth.