Lord Snooty

Wednesday - V Preston OMDT

I thought Tom Lees had his best game in ages just defending and heading....non of the Maldini rubbish Jos was trying to make him do.

FT 1-0

GET IN.. That's much more like it from Wednesday.  Big result that, given what's been going on lately it was imperative to stop the rot. 

I don't care that we were playing against 10 men.  We usually play worse once they have  lost a player. 

Three points and a huge clean sheet.

Great to see Westwood back in goal.  Hector commanding at the back, and a much better performance from the players all round.  More chances created up top, and much calmer at the back.  They rarely troubled us..  Also good to see Hutch back in the action, where he belongs.

Happy Christmas everyone.  

Hopefully all the changes we are seeing and will see will be for the better.  

Have a nice weekend all.

Onwards and upwards, 

UTO

MbNTF.gif.94ef12c5e74b27fc7006c136ebc831bf.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

FT 1-0

GET IN.. That's much more like it from Wednesday.  Big result that, given what's been going on lately it was imperative to stop the rot. 

I don't care that we were playing against 10 men.  We usually play worse once they have  lost a player. 

Three points and a huge clean sheet.

Great to see Westwood back in goal.  Hector commanding at the back, and a much better performance from the players all round.  More chances created up top, and much calmer at the back.  They rarely troubled us..  Also good to see Hutch back in the action, where he belongs.

Happy Christmas everyone.  

Hopefully all the changes we are seeing and will see will be for the better.  

Have a nice weekend all.

Onwards and upwards, 

UTO

MbNTF.gif.94ef12c5e74b27fc7006c136ebc831bf.gif

What a great read that post is after all the turmoil

Merry Christmas owlsfans

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anyhow, that's relegation out of the way....when do we play the piggies:biggrin:

8 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

Much needed win but it was pretty poor overall. Anyone that says it wasn't has obviously seen some very poor stuff. Hardly a time I thought we had a 1 man advantage. I thought Fletch put in a good shift. Moment for me was that knock down (didn't think he'd reach it) to Mathias which nearly brought a goal, then we scored. Pleased for Hector, might give him some more confidence. Good to see Hutch back but can he stay injury free?

MATIAS 

MATIAS 

MATIAS 

Nuhiu is also a fraud of a footballer, has a purple patch to earn a contract and now looks unfit, uninterested and just generally rubbish.

Winnal can’t come back soon enough 

Edited by Box_Man
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

MATIAS 

MATIAS 

MATIAS 

Yeah him. Nothing in the game you thought more important?

Edited by chrisd0407

Well done Wednesday. What a relief after the week we’ve had. Oh and the Vidiprinter was on Grandstand after the live Rugby League with Eddie Waring commentary.

Love how the preston fans blame the ref for the loss...just been reading their match thread on their forum funny as....one even claimed we are known as a team for rolling around...

Just now, newbster said:

Love how the preston fans blame the ref for the loss...just been reading their match thread on their forum funny as....one even claimed we are known as a team for rolling around...

Sure they didn't put rolling over :biggrin:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Nuhiu is also a fraud of a footballer, has a purple patch to earn a contract and now looks unfit, uninterested and just generally rubbish.

Winnal can’t come back soon enough 

Nuhui let JL down badly this season.

1 minute ago, MAL said:

Sure they didn't put rolling over :biggrin:

One thing i can say is owls dont know how to roll...their wings would get in the way

7 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

Well done Wednesday. What a relief after the week we’ve had. Oh and the Vidiprinter was on Grandstand after the live Rugby League with Eddie Waring commentary.

BBC had vidiprinter  ITN had wrestling.

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Nuhui let JL down badly this season.

Sod jos nuhiu has let sheffield wednesday and our fans down...but lets not get on our players back after a win

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, newbster said:

Heard two of their lot at Leppings Lane tram stop whingeing about biased reffing, I could barely keep a straight face.

Anyway, it’s not the most spectacular new manager bounce I’ve ever seen but it’ll certainly do. We created enough chances to win against a dogged Preston side whose approach didn’t change a great deal after the red, aside from some extra time wasting. Both centre backs were excellent, the whole defence looks more assured with Westwood organising them from behind. Fletcher was very good as well.

Far from a perfect performance though - we still need a lot more help at full back, neither Palmer nor Fox are anywhere near the standard required. We struggled for midfield control but Preston did well to deny us space, especially in the first half.

A valuable three points to send us off into Christmas - well done Wednesday. 

I would feel that bit more confident for the rest of the season if I thought Hooper, Festi, Lee, and Winnall were ALL going to be fit for selection next match and stay uninjured for the rest of the season.