If its not Steve Bruce

A number of sources seem to suggest the job is Steve Bruce's so takes away the debate of who we want as Manager. 

Regardless of this if the Bruce appointment falls down who do you want in. 

For me it is Ian Holloway.  Available and probably at the right price.  He cam work with a lower budget and has had relative success at this level.  Think he did better at QPR than people give him credit for. 

Would give us a personality boost and similar to the Sturrock effect that we had. 

• Like 1

Personally I hope it’s not Bruce 

Good CV in our league but just have a horrible feeling about his appointment for us. 

He’s never really done a “great” job in my opinion, usually just par for the course.

Reading what the fans of his previous clubs say doesn’t fill me with confidence either 

8 minutes ago, big oz said:

stuart grey ought to be given the chance he didnt get last time worked wonders on no budget

I liked the guy. Boring football but if that's what it takes to keep us up, as we can't afford the luxury of entertainment now, then bring him in till the end off the season again. That's if Bullen turn out to be our only other option. Poor guys up in Gretna now. 

Edited by Colinwestzicoest

Why do we always have to look to the past when discussing appointing new managers, these people are mostly in the past for a reason, we need to look forwards, people like Stuart as such Gray and Garyosaurus Megson aint the answer either..

but then again nors some unemployed Dutchman or the likes..

1 hour ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

A number of sources seem to suggest the job is Steve Bruce's so takes away the debate of who we want as Manager. 

Regardless of this if the Bruce appointment falls down who do you want in. 

For me it is Ian Holloway.  Available and probably at the right price.  He cam work with a lower budget and has had relative success at this level.  Think he did better at QPR than people give him credit for. 

Would give us a personality boost and similar to the Sturrock effect that we had. 

To be honest I'd prefer him over Bruce he's a big exuberant and infectiously energetic character who'd definitely lift the mood and atmosphere around the training ground and pitch . He'd definitely be easier to identify with than Steve "very bland" Bruce, I find him very dull.