Alan Nixon

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

I know read the posts

Ok, done that. £14M was mentioned, saying Boro had our pants down for the Reach and Rhodes deals, "more so Rhodes" than Reach as we could make profit on Reach if sold to a Premier League outfit. 

I still don't see where anyone is claiming Rhodes cost us £14M...?

1 minute ago, axolotl said:

Ok, done that. £14M was mentioned, saying Boro had our pants down for the Reach and Rhodes deals, "more so Rhodes" than Reach as we could make profit on Reach if sold to a Premier League outfit. 

Understand it was an £8m fee plus £6m in wages over 3.5 years. Looks right ifw he’s on £35k PW. However, didn’t we agree a £3m deal with Norwich for a season long loan? Fee plus wages? 

38 minutes ago, axolotl said:

My point was no one as had our pants down Rhodes and reach cost a combined  £14million and if we sell reach we could recoup all the  £14 million 

30 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

My point was no one as had our pants down Rhodes and reach cost a combined  £14million and if we sell reach we could recoup all the  £14 million 

At this present moment we have had our pants down in regards to Rhodes.

lol

I wish I'd never started this Reach/Rhodes/'Boro business. lol

All I really meant is that it isn't a good idea to advertise the fact that you have large sums of money to spend.

Better to cry poverty.

Maybe that's what Chansiri is now doing.

And hopefully he'll tell Doyen to stick it up their bottoms sideways, and listen to Brucie's advice.

By the way, any chance of seeing that animated Brucie again? :CEO:

21 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I suspect we are getting a cash injection. Said on here previously I had heard a suggestion of DC selling the ground to an associate and leasing it back.

For FFP , depends on deal to help.

Stadium Freehold's re- valued at £25 million in our books so any surplus over that amount would boost club's Profit and Loss (P&L) account.

Just like sale of any other tangible asset at a profit.  

On 23/12/2018 at 17:42, Royal_D said:

Sorry but don’t think Bruce would come here on them terms, and nor would I want him to

If that’s the job remit id seriously consider Paul Heckingbottom, did cracking job at Barnsley 

Bruce has tons of contacts in the game and loves wheeling and dealing, cant see a problem with that especially on 40 k a week!

3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

This - Reach will go for a decent whack as most English players fetch a premium..plus he is young and injury free, strong commodities in the market.

We’ll make a loss on Rhodes but a club may take a punt on him for a couple of mill.

if Bruce comes in he’ll want to keep Reach, so the Jan transfer dealings may differ from what we had thought may happen. 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

44 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

For FFP , depends on deal to help.

Stadium Freehold's re- valued at £25 million in our books so any surplus over that amount would boost club's Profit and Loss (P&L) account.

Just like sale of any other tangible asset at a profit.  

It wouldn't under accounting rules and highly doubt it would count for FFP purposes if it did.